The Legend of Zelda: Parallel Worlds

The Legend of Zelda: Parallel Worlds

by Bradley DeLorenzoJanuary 9, 2007

Parallel Worlds is a fully hacked version of Zelda 3 (aka A Link to the Past). A majority of the game has been changed. There may be a few rooms which can be said to be similar to some from the original game.

General changes involve:

• Brand new Overworlds, I promise you won’t find an area which is unchanged!
  • Brand new Dungeons, all dungeons are completely different from the original!
  • New house indoors and caves, some of these you may find similar to the original game.
  • New Graphics, a lot of the graphics has been changed.
  • New Screen layout, similar to Ocarina of Time yet not exactly the same.
  • Some new music, the original game had great music, these are not to be changed 🙂
  • New Story, while some events maybe similar to the original game, but it’s intentional.
  • A lot of other changes, and surprises!

This is a result of 4 years (maybe 5) of “behind the scenes” hard work, lots of assembly hacks and fixes etc. This game was known as Tower of the Triforce which some people may remember, when I released a demo from that game a few years ago. When SePH joined the team a majority of the things from that hack was taken over into this hack, so spiritually it’s still the Tower of the Triforce (to me that is).

Here is the first 5 minutes of the game that I captured:

-xHdnwV1QUA

This game is difficult. Believe me when I say it is. You’ll need to have every trick from the original game memorized plus more to beat this.

Puzzles are everywhere in this game. Some dungeons are more puzzles oriented, while some dungeons are more fighting oriented. I try to keep a balance between the two in some dungeons.

While there aren’t much enemy changes, there are a few, which I’ll let the player find out by themselves.

There is tons of secrets in this game… some are original while some are just brought over from other Zelda games.

Developers site with F.A.Q.’s, walkthroughs, and more info

Download the game already patched, here

Download the game patched and the latest SNES emulator in one file, here

Bradley DeLorenzo
  • January 9, 2007 at 7:23 pm

They need to put it in Flash so that we can play over the Wii browser.

• January 9, 2007 at 7:23 pm

They need to put it in Flash so that we can play over the Wii browser.

• January 9, 2007 at 12:23 pm

They need to put it in Flash so that we can play over the Wii browser.

• January 9, 2007 at 12:25 pm

That would be quite the undertaking.

• January 9, 2007 at 7:25 pm

That would be quite the undertaking.

• shanoboy
    January 9, 2007 at 8:49 pm

So this plays in a snes emulator. That totally rocks. If you have the gamecube action replay disc and you follow the directions in one of the earlier posts on this site you should be able to play it on the wii.

That hack does work right? I haven’t bought the action replay disc to try it out yet but might soon just to play this.

• shanoboy
    January 9, 2007 at 8:49 pm

• shanoboy
    January 9, 2007 at 8:49 pm

• shanoboy
    January 9, 2007 at 1:49 pm

• January 9, 2007 at 8:57 pm

Yeah, it will play on modded GameCubes, xbox’s, ps2’s, dreamcast (slow) and DS (slow).

• January 9, 2007 at 1:57 pm

• January 9, 2007 at 11:19 pm

Whoa! Thanks for the heads up, I’ve been looking for a Zelda game to play on my DSLite. Too long to wait for Phantom Hourglass, so this is good.
    So a modified remix of Zelda 3, eh? This has got to be nuts..

• January 9, 2007 at 11:19 pm

So a modified remix of Zelda 3, eh? This has got to be nuts..

• January 9, 2007 at 4:19 pm

So a modified remix of Zelda 3, eh? This has got to be nuts..

• January 10, 2007 at 12:39 am

this better be good. link to the past is my favourite zelda game. its looking awsome and its unbeleivable that you can make an unofficial sequel to a game. gotta love the hackers.

• January 10, 2007 at 12:39 am

• January 9, 2007 at 5:39 pm

• Soiden
    January 10, 2007 at 4:53 am

It’s not a sequel, I think.
    Looks good, I’ll try it out.
    There’s another unofficial sequel [I think it’s not the same one I read about], but it’s still unfinished.

• Soiden
    January 10, 2007 at 4:53 am

It’s not a sequel, I think.
    Looks good, I’ll try it out.

• Soiden
    January 9, 2007 at 9:53 pm

It’s not a sequel, I think.
    Looks good, I’ll try it out.

January 12, 2007 at 5:36 pm

seems to be a great game, but I think it doesn’t go well on emulators. I have tried both snes9x and zsnes and in the beginning it’s too dark that it’s hard to see the caves and when I entered one of the caves (behind the shop) I couldn’t see a thing, only a black screen.

January 12, 2007 at 10:36 am

January 17, 2007 at 6:14 am

sick game. like you said, mad difficult. actually, yeah, its annoyingly difficult. i do enjoy it though. thanks for giving me something to kill time. good job man.

January 16, 2007 at 11:14 pm

• Mitsanaga
    January 30, 2007 at 6:06 pm

ya jonman, with you problem with the black screen, its because its dark inside the cave… you need to get the lantern.

• Mitsanaga
    January 30, 2007 at 6:06 pm

• Mitsanaga
    January 30, 2007 at 6:06 pm

• Mitsanaga
    January 30, 2007 at 11:06 am

February 3, 2007 at 4:21 pm

yep, I got that point, but still sometimes it’s getting darker and brighter when walking around in places which are not dungeons or caves, so when it’s getting darker sometimes it’s hard to figure out some stuff, like caves for example, although the game is still very playable and I really enjoy it! I’m now stuck, don’t know where to go next, but I don’t think it would be right to open a walkthrough discussion here…

February 3, 2007 at 4:21 pm

February 3, 2007 at 4:21 pm

February 3, 2007 at 9:21 am

• February 10, 2007 at 12:42 pm

Jonman, stop being an asshole and shutup, the begining of the game “it’s getting darker and brighter” just like the original LTTP, because it’s in the night and it’s fucking raining, you bastard. Go and play Halo and shut the fuck up!!!!!

• February 10, 2007 at 12:42 pm

• February 10, 2007 at 12:42 pm

• February 10, 2007 at 5:42 am

February 11, 2007 at 7:00 pm

wow it took me like 10 minutes to stop laughing at what you wrote, first you use my nickname then your nick is GOD and you’re just bored and pathetic, you’re just one of those assclowns to me who use to insult people on the net who are just ignorants in best case or make fun of themselves and look stupid in worst case. So if I replied to your message it’s probably the worst case 🙂
    You can keep on insulting me, you will just make me laugh once again and it’ll also prove that I’m 100% right.

February 11, 2007 at 7:00 pm

February 11, 2007 at 7:00 pm

February 11, 2007 at 7:00 pm

February 11, 2007 at 12:00 pm

February 19, 2007 at 9:38 pm

Haha, yha well i for one am up to the whole wlakthrough thing. I’m stuck in the gaurd watchhouse with no key right after the spinning tiles room.

February 19, 2007 at 9:38 pm

Haha, nevermind

February 19, 2007 at 9:40 pm

Haha, nevermind

February 19, 2007 at 2:40 pm

Haha, nevermind

February 22, 2007 at 7:43 pm

I have remained in Nayru’s Bay. In a room that sigh a message and a wall that can break but I do not come. I have the Magic Hammer. Can someone help me?

February 22, 2007 at 7:43 pm

February 22, 2007 at 7:43 pm

February 22, 2007 at 12:43 pm

February 23, 2007 at 11:47 pm

Just use savestate and keep walking on different areas of the pit. use your boomerang in the next room, or so i hear…

February 23, 2007 at 11:47 pm

February 23, 2007 at 11:47 pm

February 23, 2007 at 11:47 pm

February 23, 2007 at 11:47 pm

February 23, 2007 at 11:47 pm

February 23, 2007 at 11:47 pm

February 23, 2007 at 11:47 pm

February 23, 2007 at 4:47 pm

February 24, 2007 at 12:44 pm

you can show me a video, please?

February 24, 2007 at 5:44 am

you can show me a video, please?

February 24, 2007 at 9:46 pm

my problem is that I just don’t know where to go next…
    I’ve been told to get another jewel in the graveyard, so I went to the house in the graveyard, beat the boss which is in the room with spikes and he dropped a red jewel which I took. Now I have 2 jewels, means I have to get one more. So I came back to Saharsrahla at the docks and talked to him and he still says that he knows that one of the jewels is in the graveyard (which I already passed). I was trying to figure out myself too where to go. But all the places I was going seemed like they’re too early for me (like Hyrule Castle and Sky Isles. And this place behind the endless beach also has a cave that has 3 switches. Doesn’t matter which one I pull first, I get a sound that I pulled a wrong one.
    So I’m pretty confused. Please help me out, I’d really appreciate.

February 24, 2007 at 9:46 pm

my problem is that I just don’t know where to go next…
    So I’m pretty confused. Please help me out, I’d really appreciate.

February 24, 2007 at 9:46 pm

my problem is that I just don’t know where to go next…
    So I’m pretty confused. Please help me out, I’d really appreciate.

February 24, 2007 at 2:46 pm

my problem is that I just don’t know where to go next…
    So I’m pretty confused. Please help me out, I’d really appreciate.

February 27, 2007 at 8:03 pm

Does anyone the walkthrough of the dungeon: Nayru’s Bay?

February 27, 2007 at 8:03 pm

Does anyone the walkthrough of the dungeon: Nayru’s Bay?

February 27, 2007 at 8:03 pm

Does anyone the walkthrough of the dungeon: Nayru’s Bay?

February 27, 2007 at 8:03 pm

Does anyone the walkthrough of the dungeon: Nayru’s Bay?

February 27, 2007 at 8:03 pm

Does anyone the walkthrough of the dungeon: Nayru’s Bay?

February 27, 2007 at 8:03 pm

Does anyone the walkthrough of the dungeon: Nayru’s Bay?

February 27, 2007 at 8:03 pm

Does anyone the walkthrough of the dungeon: Nayru’s Bay?

February 27, 2007 at 8:03 pm

Does anyone the walkthrough of the dungeon: Nayru’s Bay?

February 27, 2007 at 8:03 pm

Does anyone the walkthrough of the dungeon: Nayru’s Bay?

February 27, 2007 at 8:03 pm

Does anyone the walkthrough of the dungeon: Nayru’s Bay?

February 27, 2007 at 1:03 pm

Does anyone the walkthrough of the dungeon: Nayru’s Bay?

• Zeroedboy
    March 10, 2007 at 4:03 am

I am playin this like mad… so I can help you with some questions, but I wont give any spoilers on the story. Jonman, try looking over the sky island again. I think I remember something there. Props to the guys who make this awesome mod! Looking forward to the “Master Quest” of this.

• Zeroedboy
    March 10, 2007 at 4:03 am

• Zeroedboy
    March 9, 2007 at 9:03 pm

March 21, 2007 at 4:17 pm

Thanx Zeroedboy! I already got there but thanx anyway for your trying to help!

March 21, 2007 at 4:17 pm

Thanx Zeroedboy! I already got there but thanx anyway for your trying to help!

March 21, 2007 at 9:17 am

Thanx Zeroedboy! I already got there but thanx anyway for your trying to help!

• will
    March 30, 2007 at 12:03 am

hey where is the sky temple i have the other 2 pendants i just need to know where to go well i need to know how to get to the sky temple? please help

• will
    March 30, 2007 at 12:03 am

• will
    March 30, 2007 at 12:03 am

• will
    March 30, 2007 at 12:03 am

• will
    March 30, 2007 at 12:03 am

• Dino9222
      February 20, 2012 at 9:33 am

theres a cave at cannon oasis once u exit go to cave on left once u exit ull be in the sky isles but your in for a surprise…

• will
    March 30, 2007 at 12:03 am

• will
    March 29, 2007 at 5:03 pm

• franpa
    March 30, 2007 at 1:57 am

GOD, in zsnes choose a 16bit resolution if your using DOS or push #6 on your keboard and not the numpad…

• franpa
    March 30, 2007 at 1:57 am

• franpa
    March 30, 2007 at 1:57 am

• franpa
    March 30, 2007 at 1:57 am

• franpa
    March 30, 2007 at 1:57 am

• franpa
    March 29, 2007 at 6:57 pm

• will
    March 30, 2007 at 3:35 pm

where do you go after you ge the 2 jewel ? i do not know where to go. i got to the endless beach and the room with 3 switches and i cannot figure them out. the endless beach combination is up left right left just to help … please help i do not know where to go after the 2 jewel

• will
    March 30, 2007 at 3:35 pm

• will
    March 30, 2007 at 8:35 am

• fragba
    April 6, 2007 at 4:06 am

Ok after I saved zelda and left her at the church, what do I do??? i went to the x and then they told me to go to the Docks but I cant swim so i have no idea wat to do ?? someone please help a brotha out on this one

• fragba
    April 5, 2007 at 9:06 pm

• fragba
    April 6, 2007 at 4:10 am

Ok after I saved zelda and left her at the church, what do I do??? cant go to the docks cuz i cant swim? help pleaseee

• fragba
    April 5, 2007 at 9:10 pm

• fddfggf
    April 8, 2007 at 7:52 pm

i can’t find the boss key in the gard house…can some one tell me?

• fddfggf
    April 8, 2007 at 7:52 pm

i can’t find the boss key in the gard house…can some one tell me?

• fddfggf
    April 8, 2007 at 12:52 pm

i can’t find the boss key in the gard house…can some one tell me?

• vaati
    April 8, 2007 at 12:53 pm

hey dudes!!!

i can’t get bast the frist dungon..!!

• vaati
    April 8, 2007 at 7:53 pm

hey dudes!!!

i can’t get bast the frist dungon..!!

• fragba
    April 10, 2007 at 4:54 pm

theres a readme file that came with the game that explains the first dungeon, its a walkthrough you should look at it guys!!

• fragba
    April 10, 2007 at 4:54 pm

• fragba
    April 10, 2007 at 4:54 pm

• fragba
    April 10, 2007 at 4:54 pm

• fragba
    April 10, 2007 at 9:54 am

• Thunder
    April 23, 2007 at 6:15 pm

I can’t find the damn Black Smith’s (smithies)!!! I need my sword tempered. I’ve seen them once before but forgot where. Can someone please help me out? Dose anyone have a world map?

• Thunder
    April 23, 2007 at 6:15 pm

• Thunder
    April 23, 2007 at 6:15 pm

• Thunder
    April 23, 2007 at 11:15 am

• twa
    July 30, 2007 at 9:10 pm

this are game genie codes for snes zelda parallel worlds (US VERSION) this was made posible by snes9x OPEN SOURCE ROCKS!!! ENJOY

7EF36E7F INFI MAGIC

7EF35501 PEGASUS BOOTS

7EF35601 BLEU ORB

7EF35701 RED ORB

7EF35F01 MUSHROOM

• Bianca
    November 26, 2007 at 2:00 pm

Hey guys,, don’t want to disturb ya all but can someone be please be kind enough to provide me a working link on where I could download that ROM?

thank you so much.

thank you so much.

• Bianca
    November 26, 2007 at 9:00 am

thank you so much.

• zack
    January 17, 2008 at 3:16 am

does anybody know where to find a walkthrough for this hack, or where to find and get to the 3rd jewel. i dont know if the readme would help me or not cause i dont have a readme. someone help!

• zack
    January 17, 2008 at 3:16 am

• zack
    January 17, 2008 at 3:16 am

• zack
    January 17, 2008 at 3:16 am

• zack
    January 16, 2008 at 10:16 pm

• January 17, 2008 at 4:26 am

My advice would be to ask on the forums and see if anyone has played it; normally admins are the only ones to read comments on posts this old.

• January 17, 2008 at 4:26 am

• January 17, 2008 at 4:26 am

• January 17, 2008 at 4:26 am

• January 16, 2008 at 11:26 pm

• zack
    January 17, 2008 at 5:16 pm

any clue where a up to date forum would be for this game, or a forum for rauru ruins. i cant find any forums for it here and the net does “not” seem to have anything but youtube videos?

• zack
    January 17, 2008 at 12:16 pm

• zack
    January 18, 2008 at 9:02 pm

Whoever reads this, i have been all
    over the entire internet and found
    no working lost woods combination.
    i spent a day 1/2 and i found it,
    so if any readers know where to
    go then post this one that works

UP-DOWN-UP-RIGHT-DOWN

non working

#1 RIGHT-UP-RIGHT-DOWN-UP-DOWN

#2 RIGHT-DOWN-UP-DOWN

note: just because the non working
    did not work for me does “NOT” mean
    that it will not work for anyone else

post this anywhere anyone can find a
    zelda parallel worlds forum or topic.

• zack
    January 18, 2008 at 4:02 pm

Whoever reads this, i have been all
    over the entire internet and found
    no working lost woods combination.
    i spent a day 1/2 and i found it,
    so if any readers know where to
    go then post this one that works

UP-DOWN-UP-RIGHT-DOWN

non working

#1 RIGHT-UP-RIGHT-DOWN-UP-DOWN

#2 RIGHT-DOWN-UP-DOWN

note: just because the non working
    did not work for me does “NOT” mean
    that it will not work for anyone else

post this anywhere anyone can find a
    zelda parallel worlds forum or topic.

• ceramist
    February 10, 2008 at 9:37 pm

zack, the second non-working combination you listed, RIGHT-DOWN-UP-DOWN, is the combination that worked for me and is also the solution listed on the parallel worlds developers’ website.

• ceramist
    February 10, 2008 at 9:37 pm

• ceramist
    February 10, 2008 at 9:37 pm

• ceramist
    February 10, 2008 at 9:37 pm

• ceramist
    February 10, 2008 at 4:37 pm

• Mikey
    February 20, 2008 at 2:02 am

Thanks Zack, I have been looking all over the web for the right lost woods combination too.

I found four different ones but none worked ,and I was really getting frustrated… so thanks a lot.

• Mikey
    February 20, 2008 at 2:02 am

• Mikey
    February 20, 2008 at 2:02 am

• Mikey
    February 19, 2008 at 9:02 pm

• azrael
    March 24, 2008 at 5:56 pm

Hey! Great that worked for me too – Though I didn’t need the first UP:

DOWN-UP-RIGHT-DOWN

…brought me to the end.

It’s pretty weird since I’m sure RIGHT-DOWN-UP-DOWN worked in the first world!? Might it be that it was changed from version 1.0 to 1.1 (Which I switched in between first and second world)??

• azrael
    March 24, 2008 at 5:56 pm

Hey! Great that worked for me too – Though I didn’t need the first UP:

DOWN-UP-RIGHT-DOWN

…brought me to the end.

• March 24, 2008 at 12:56 pm

Hey! Great that worked for me too – Though I didn’t need the first UP:

DOWN-UP-RIGHT-DOWN

…brought me to the end.

• azrael
    March 25, 2008 at 5:54 pm

Ahoi!
    I did some ivestigation:
    Switched back to 1.0 – It’s RIGHT-DOWN-UP-DOWN there.
    Switched to 1.1 again – It’s DOWN-UP-RIGHT-DOWN there.

I suppose the official and the unofficial FAQ haven’t been updated for 1.1 (yet).

Regards!

• March 25, 2008 at 12:54 pm

Ahoi!
    I did some ivestigation:
    Switched back to 1.0 – It’s RIGHT-DOWN-UP-DOWN there.
    Switched to 1.1 again – It’s DOWN-UP-RIGHT-DOWN there.

Regards!

• confused person
    August 7, 2008 at 10:33 pm

ROTH!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR ANYONE!!! how can you get parallel worlds on th eds lite? i need to know!

• confused person
    August 7, 2008 at 10:33 pm

ROTH!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR ANYONE!!! how can you get parallel worlds on th ds lite? i need to know!

• confused person
    August 7, 2008 at 10:33 pm

• confused person
    August 7, 2008 at 5:33 pm

• confused person
    August 7, 2008 at 5:33 pm

• confused person
    August 7, 2008 at 10:35 pm

sorry for the double post…

• confused person
    August 7, 2008 at 5:35 pm

sorry for the double post…

• Hunter
    August 16, 2008 at 2:25 am

Where are the smiths?
    Also, I can’t get into hyrule castle.
    I’ve beaten dungeon 3

• Hunter
    August 16, 2008 at 2:25 am

Where are the smiths?
    Also, I can’t get into hyrule castle.
    I’ve beaten dungeon 3

• Hunter
    August 15, 2008 at 9:25 pm

Where are the smiths?
    Also, I can’t get into hyrule castle.
    I’ve beaten dungeon 3

• Torin
    December 5, 2008 at 12:33 pm

I play this on my PSP and daaang this is hard!

• Torin
    December 5, 2008 at 12:33 pm

I play this on my PSP and daaang this is hard!

• Torin
    December 5, 2008 at 12:33 pm

I play this on my PSP and daaang this is hard!

• Torin
    December 5, 2008 at 7:33 am

I play this on my PSP and daaang this is hard!

• bigbob
    January 26, 2009 at 2:16 pm

im currently playing this on my DS, i get annoyed sometimes at the dungeons but its a good game 🙂

• bigbob
    January 26, 2009 at 9:16 am

• May 29, 2009 at 6:13 pm

have you got the game genie codes for the Keep the all the Arrows you can Shoot?

• May 29, 2009 at 1:13 pm

• July 9, 2009 at 8:01 pm

Well researched site – will look to incorporate some of your ideas into my site. Thanks!

• July 9, 2009 at 3:01 pm

• JAMES
    August 25, 2009 at 7:48 pm

i play it on my cell phone and it is really hard, i friggen hate the guard house

• JAMES
    August 25, 2009 at 2:48 pm

• June 9, 2010 at 12:51 am

I really like this type of XX too, can you help me look at which one has higher price point?http://www.alliask.net

• Thedayoftherope
    July 19, 2010 at 12:41 am

how did u make it and where can i make my own???

• F8Twist
    November 11, 2010 at 9:42 pm

go to the oasis and go north to find the zora king… buy the flippers from him

• Draegor
    March 10, 2011 at 2:38 am

HOW DO YOU GET THIS GAME?!?!

• Draegor
    March 10, 2011 at 2:43 am

you all get the 3rd jewel at parallel tower in dark world or light ….. i watch walkthroughs

• Draegor
    March 10, 2011 at 2:43 am

• Dino9222
    February 20, 2012 at 9:24 am

i really hate the freakin tower but i know a glitch that can get u to the top