Where is the Wii – DS Connectivity?

Where is the Wii – DS Connectivity?

by Bradley DeLorenzoJanuary 10, 2007

Ds Download

Opera’s Nintendo site is reporting that Volume 4 of the Nintendo DS Download Station has been released to participating stores such as GameStop, Best Buy, and of course, the Nintendo World Store in NYC.

Wouldn’t be awesome if I turned on my Wii and got a pleasant message stating that I can use my Wii to transfer this Download Station to my DS? Well, we can’t. As a matter of fact, we still can’t do anything with the DS and Wii together, almost two months after launch.

I don’t understand it at all. Can’t the demos appear as free downloads on the Shop Channel? If the system can handle full downloads of Mario 64, surely it can handle the small size of a DS demo. What is taking so long for Nintendo to implement this simple feature?

Think about it. If the Wii had this feature activated, you wouldn’t have to stop by the store every day after work just to get your quick fix of March of the Minis. Or maybe that’s just me …

Bradley DeLorenzo
  • Hochiminh
    January 11, 2007 at 3:42 am

I suppose for the lazy people or people that can’t drive to Gamestop. It wouldn’t hurt.

• Hochiminh
    January 10, 2007 at 8:42 pm

• fable88
    January 11, 2007 at 3:50 am

would be a sweet update to the wii. Where is the ds-wii connectivity?

• fable88
    January 10, 2007 at 8:50 pm

would be a sweet update to the wii. Where is the ds-wii connectivity?

• RinkuDohero
    January 11, 2007 at 3:59 am

Its one of the features they many times mentioned. DS Channel anyone? that would rule! 😀

• RinkuDohero
    January 10, 2007 at 8:59 pm

• January 11, 2007 at 4:10 am

I wonder if it is possible to use the DS as a classic-styled controller for VC and certain Wii games.

• January 11, 2007 at 4:10 am

• January 10, 2007 at 9:10 pm

• RinkuDohero
    January 11, 2007 at 5:36 am

It has been mentioned for Wii games, but not VC games, which would be an interesting idea Roth. 🙂

• RinkuDohero
    January 11, 2007 at 5:36 am

• RinkuDohero
    January 10, 2007 at 10:36 pm

• SirVenom
    January 11, 2007 at 5:43 am

Nintendo suggested this possibility at the same time that DS connectivity was announced, I think… The Pokemon Battle Revolution game features both DS compatibility and Wi-fi… I think it has been released in Japan already, but I’m not sure…

• SirVenom
    January 11, 2007 at 5:43 am

• SirVenom
    January 10, 2007 at 10:43 pm

• January 12, 2007 at 4:24 am

Oh yeah, that’s right [b]SirVenom[/b], I read that if you already own the Pokémon Silver on DS, you may use the Pokémon you caught from there onto the Pokémon Battle Revolution.

• January 12, 2007 at 4:24 am

• January 11, 2007 at 9:24 pm

• RuNa
    January 13, 2007 at 5:28 am

I own a Japanese Wii + Pokemon Battle Revolution. It does indeed connect to the Wii. You can use it to download your WHOLE computer in the game or use it for Multiplayer Battles.

• RuNa
    January 13, 2007 at 5:28 am

• RuNa
    January 12, 2007 at 10:28 pm

• jjn128
    January 17, 2007 at 3:24 pm

Nintendo has said u will be able to download demos for ds etc through the wii. the ds channel will be one of the many updates this year

• jjn128
    January 17, 2007 at 3:24 pm

• jjn128
    January 17, 2007 at 8:24 am

• January 19, 2007 at 9:26 am

I hope they develop something so that the DS can be you controller for things like the Wii Webbrowser.
    Like having a qwerty keyboard on the DS rather than using the wiimote to type urls, etc.

• January 19, 2007 at 9:26 am