Wii News Channel to debut this Saturday!

Wii News Channel to debut this Saturday!

by Bradley DeLorenzoJanuary 25, 2007

Wii Channels
Update: The Wii News Channel snuck up a day early and is available in Europe and the USA now.  I woke up this morning to a pleasant glowing blue Wii and realized the updates were available.

To start your update, just click on the New Channel in the main menu and select “update”

What’s up with the cat during the download?
Wii News Channel will go live this Saturday. The Associated Press is to provide headlines for the next 2 years and the channel will utilize the Wii Opera Browser.

Best of all, it will be a free download!

Bradley DeLorenzo
  • John Giotta
    January 25, 2007 at 8:44 pm

Too bad we can’t add RSS/Atom feeds so we can read WiiNintendo.net from our err… Nintendo Wii.

• John Giotta
    January 25, 2007 at 8:44 pm

• John Giotta
    January 25, 2007 at 1:44 pm

• shanoboy
    January 25, 2007 at 8:58 pm

Well, the wii browser is in alpha/beta (?) right now. Maybe in the final version Nintendo will have some much needed improvements over what they have now. I really wouldn’t mind paying for it even if it actually had a few more features.

• shanoboy
    January 25, 2007 at 8:58 pm

• shanoboy
    January 25, 2007 at 8:58 pm

• shanoboy
    January 25, 2007 at 1:58 pm

• January 25, 2007 at 10:23 pm

Do reader sites like Google Reader or Bloglines work on the Wii? If they did, that’d probably be a good way to go.

• January 25, 2007 at 3:23 pm

• January 25, 2007 at 10:44 pm

You can always go to the Wii Feed Section of this site and a bunch of others for RSS feeds. Or http://www.WiiFeed.net

• January 25, 2007 at 10:44 pm

• January 25, 2007 at 3:44 pm

• January 25, 2007 at 11:54 pm

I’ll be damned if the News Channel supports RSS feed.
    I’ve had this channel dated on my dekstop calendar since November so I can’t miss it.

And with Mario Kart 64 on the VC next coming Monday, I wouldn’t miss it for the WORLD~!

• January 25, 2007 at 4:54 pm

I’ll be damned if the News Channel supports RSS feed.

• January 26, 2007 at 10:48 am

Yeah Europe got MK64 this friday (al ninendo releases are on friday in europe) and i must say it’s nice to play MK64 again. The news channel is nice but it’s the same as the weather channel you won’t be using it daily becouse it’s to slow to read afst news. Why must i connect to the internet every time i click on the news channel i got wiiconnect24 active so update it in the background when my Wii is “off”. Thats so weird at the nintendo Wii it’s hooked up 24/7 but if you wanna use some online functions (browser/shopping channel) you have to make connection to the internet. Weird Weird but now on MK64 it’s nice. And it’s frustrading at the same time. I forgot that the anoying thing you got whith Mario Kart 64 is that you always have an oponent on your tail no matter how manny shells or bannanpeels you keep tossing around they always are 2m behind you and pwn you just for the finish. Also the controller (i use the classic controller Yeah baby) is nice all N64 buttons are there. Only the character seems to steer a little sharper, then in the N64 version. But it’s a nice download and now we europeans have to wait for Zelda link to the past 🙁

• January 26, 2007 at 10:48 am

• January 26, 2007 at 3:48 am

• Zero
    January 26, 2007 at 1:19 pm

I got my News Channel today, friday. I woke up to the shining blue light of godliness.

• Zero
    January 26, 2007 at 6:19 am

• Wii-Lii
    January 26, 2007 at 3:44 pm

Im german and I have the News-Channel!!!

• Wii-Lii
    January 26, 2007 at 8:44 am

Im german and I have the News-Channel!!!

• January 26, 2007 at 4:34 pm

Yup, same here in Philly USA. This morning the channel was available.

Did everyone else click on the cat during the downloading screen?

• January 26, 2007 at 4:34 pm

Yup, same here in Philly USA. This morning the channel was available.

Did everyone else click on the cat during the downloading screen?

• January 26, 2007 at 4:34 pm

Yup, same here in Philly USA. This morning the channel was available.

Did everyone else click on the cat during the downloading screen?

• January 26, 2007 at 4:34 pm

Yup, same here in Philly USA. This morning the channel was available.

Did everyone else click on the cat during the downloading screen?

• January 26, 2007 at 9:34 am

Yup, same here in Philly USA. This morning the channel was available.

Did everyone else click on the cat during the downloading screen?

• January 27, 2007 at 3:29 pm

That cat is the help cat. You can find him on the Photo Channel’s Fun section too. If you can catch him, he gives you questionably useful tips on using that particular channel.

I didn’t know he was there until I read about it on Cabel Sasser’s site:

(it’s at the bottom of the post)

I don’t know if I’ve just gotten better at catching him, but I found the News Channel help cat much easier to snag than the Photo Channel.

• January 27, 2007 at 8:29 am

I didn’t know he was there until I read about it on Cabel Sasser’s site:

(it’s at the bottom of the post)