Wiinja – 1st Wii Mod chip

Wiinja – 1st Wii Mod chip

by Bradley DeLorenzoJanuary 26, 2007

wiinja

Team Wiinja has successfully created the first mod chip for the Wii. The chip is able to play back-ups (Wii and GC) by only soldering 5 wires to your Wii. If you fry your Wii in the process, you’re out of luck.

The chip is already for sale and I believe will ship February 1st.

Tests on DVD media are already under way. Tests have shown that burning with speeds of up to 16x works on the following media: Verbatim +R, TDK-R, Imation-R, Emtec 1x-4x -R. Burn unscrambled images just in a normal way. Super Monkey Ball PAL is a bad image, it doesn’t work.

Keep in mind opening up your Wii will void your warranty, so make sure you know what you’re doing.

Two video’s of the chip in action:

Rayman:
XnKNqPQbiv4

Zelda:
libxIKSTS9A

You can order this at Futura-Online

Bradley DeLorenzo
    January 26, 2007 at 7:54 pm

You just beat me to the post.
    Anyways I have been trying to look at their site for a while, but it wouldn’t open till about 2 minutes ago.
    I’d like to just say that in the Rayman he shows us that this it the hooked up Wii, but we cannot see him insert the disc.
    In the second video we see him inserting many discs, but we do not if that Wii is the one hooked up. Oddly enough there is a tape in the VCR, that would be hard to time, but possible.
    If this would allow me to play US imports of GC games, that would be fantastic (so I can get my HD on).
    I hope there are some people insane enough to risk it so I don’t have to.

January 26, 2007 at 7:54 pm

You just beat me to the post.
    I hope there are some people insane enough to risk it so I don’t have to.

January 26, 2007 at 7:54 pm

You just beat me to the post.
    I hope there are some people insane enough to risk it so I don’t have to.

January 26, 2007 at 7:54 pm

You just beat me to the post.
    I hope there are some people insane enough to risk it so I don’t have to.

January 26, 2007 at 12:54 pm

You just beat me to the post.
    I hope there are some people insane enough to risk it so I don’t have to.

• Mack2D2
    January 26, 2007 at 1:01 pm

Has a fake feeling to me, but what do I know? If it’s real, then sweet… someone try it and post on here bout it.

• Mack2D2
    January 26, 2007 at 8:01 pm

• January 26, 2007 at 9:31 pm

Yea, I’m definitely too scared to try it myself…

• January 26, 2007 at 2:31 pm

Yea, I’m definitely too scared to try it myself…

• joto
    January 27, 2007 at 3:49 am

what does this chip actually do??? plz help

• joto
    January 26, 2007 at 8:49 pm

what does this chip actually do??? plz help

• hooya
    January 27, 2007 at 4:49 am

The chip essentially enables the debugging mode of the drive (the chip is soldered to the drive board, not the main board). In short it tells the drive to go ahead and read any disk, not just Wii and GC disks.

It’s a 5 point solder job, which is amazing because some early chips have been in upwards of 20 different solder points. These points are relatively large, and therefore easy as well.

• hooya
    January 27, 2007 at 4:49 am

• hooya
    January 27, 2007 at 4:49 am

• hooya
    January 26, 2007 at 9:49 pm

• Lewis
    January 27, 2007 at 5:05 am

whatever, i need more proof first and then ill still wait until it can be hacked from a memcard or sd card, i love my psp hacks this way. and i you all love nintendos franchise games then please dont bootleg em. especially zelda

• Lewis
    January 26, 2007 at 10:05 pm

• Lewis
    January 27, 2007 at 5:07 am

if you love, wii typing takes time you know

• Lewis
    January 26, 2007 at 10:07 pm

if you love, wii typing takes time you know

January 27, 2007 at 1:25 pm

Lewis, at the moment don’t count on SD Card or changing memory exploits on the Wii. As of now there are only two known ways and by the sounds of it Wiinja must be using backdoor 2. And considering what I saw in the video (look a my post “The Nintendo Inheritance”) the security is so similar to the GCs which had mod chips that I believe it would relatively easy to just alter the chips.

January 27, 2007 at 1:25 pm

January 27, 2007 at 1:25 pm

January 27, 2007 at 1:25 pm

January 27, 2007 at 1:25 pm

January 27, 2007 at 1:25 pm

And I am not trying to say that this mod chip works, that remains to be truly seen.

January 27, 2007 at 1:25 pm

i read the artical and still dont get it

• ronaldinho
    January 27, 2007 at 9:10 am

i read the artical and still dont get it

• wtf
    January 27, 2007 at 10:32 pm

so this means you could play like ps2 games on the wii?

• wtf
    January 27, 2007 at 10:32 pm

so this means you could play like ps2 games on the wii?

• wtf
    January 27, 2007 at 10:32 pm

so this means you could play like ps2 games on the wii?

• wtf
    January 27, 2007 at 3:32 pm

so this means you could play like ps2 games on the wii?

• Lewis
    January 28, 2007 at 10:46 pm

no it doesn’t wtf, but in the far off future it may b possible.

• Lewis
    January 28, 2007 at 10:46 pm

no it doesn’t wtf, but in the far off future it may b possible.

• Lewis
    January 28, 2007 at 3:46 pm

no it doesn’t wtf, but in the far off future it may b possible.

• mike
    February 3, 2007 at 4:41 am

MaxConsole could be doing a promo for the chip thats on sale at their site,. so all info from that should be taken with a bias type of view,.

there is also a chip called Viper,.

• mike
    February 3, 2007 at 4:41 am

there is also a chip called Viper,.

• mike
    February 2, 2007 at 9:41 pm

there is also a chip called Viper,.

• February 11, 2007 at 5:31 pm

i heard wii’s ship as of 2007 have a new chip in them, and these mods dont work. i was wondering, does this new chip make the new wii’s better then the first batch graffics wise or speed?

• February 11, 2007 at 10:31 am

• max
    January 3, 2009 at 1:30 pm

USE HOMEBREW CHANNEL // INSTRUCTABLES.COM SEARCH WII BACKUP

• max
    January 3, 2009 at 8:30 am

USE HOMEBREW CHANNEL // INSTRUCTABLES.COM SEARCH WII BACKUP

• December 15, 2009 at 1:04 pm

As a Newbie, I am always searching online for articles that can help me. Thank you

• December 15, 2009 at 8:04 am

• June 9, 2010 at 12:59 am

I really like this type of XX too, can you help me look at which one has higher price point?http://www.alliask.net