Unknown Wii title from Romero or Blizzard

Unknown Wii title from Romero or Blizzard

by Bradley DeLorenzoJanuary 31, 2007

Successful Gaming Company in San Mateo County is looking for game testers. Candidates will be playing a video game on Nintendo Wii all day[…]

This is from a job posting at Monster.
The successful gaming company can either be Blizzard which has a development team in San Mateo County or it could be Slipgate Ironworks which is based there. This is interesting, very interesting.

If it is Blizzard, could they be working on StarCraft: Ghost? This game was supposed to come out three or four years ago, but was constantly delayed and then cancelled March last year. I know many a fan of StarCraft had screamed that not only was there not to be a PC version, the game wasn’t going to be an real-time strategy either. Instead it was going to be an action/stealth game. I always thought the videos looked awesome. The thing that makes me doubt this is that the story was turned into a book which usually the game is deceased. That’s too bad because I assume porting it to the Wii’s graphics would not have taken much effort and that could have possibly saved some of Blizzard’s investments.
Or it could be Slipate Ironworks, a John Romero founded company currently developing a MMO. You might think, who is John Romero? Well he is behind games like Doom, Quake, Wolfenstein 3D and many more. Now you might think MMO? Some may remember the talk that got started about a Wii based MMO after Reggie Fils-Aime said:

The Wii certainly has enough power to drive an MMO and make it totally interactive. Are we as a first party looking at it? Not so far, but are we encouraging other developers to look into this? Absolutely. We believe with the nunchuck and the Wii remote it could be a fantastic MMO. There’s nothing from a pure MMO standpoint in the pipeline but I have spoken with a handful of developers and it’s something they’re intrigued with.

Now John Romero did say the MMO was to be PC based, but who says he isn’t intrigued by the Wii? No one knows anything about this project, but assuming they are still on course, we should find out more this year. There is a lot of money in this and it is the most secret thing he has ever worked on, so let’s just hope it really is as amazing and different as he says, maybe I’d play a MMO as well then.
As a last option, as stated in the source, there is a smaller company that develops casual games in that area, but I couldn’t find it.

Whichever way it goes, I know one thing for sure, I’d take that job testing the game if I lived there.

Source

Bradley DeLorenzo
  • Will
    February 1, 2007 at 2:01 am

Wouldn’t be surprised if we are dealing with Blizzard here. That would be very exciting. Though if we could get something John Romero is behind that could redefine the systems image.

• Will
    February 1, 2007 at 2:01 am

• Will
    January 31, 2007 at 7:01 pm

• MJ
    February 1, 2007 at 3:40 am

Well considering the “adult” releases the Wii is getting with Scarface and Godfather it is already being redefined and we don’t know what John Romero is up to, it might be a really funny kid’s MMO. THat last part was sarcasm. The game better scare the shit out of me.

• MJ
    February 1, 2007 at 3:40 am

• MJ
    January 31, 2007 at 8:40 pm

• SgtBob
    February 1, 2007 at 4:06 am

I’m hoping for Starcraft.

Or an RTS.

Blizzard forgot us RTS fans… :[

• SgtBob
    February 1, 2007 at 4:06 am

I’m hoping for Starcraft.

Or an RTS.

Blizzard forgot us RTS fans… :[

• SgtBob
    January 31, 2007 at 9:06 pm

I’m hoping for Starcraft.

Or an RTS.

Blizzard forgot us RTS fans… :[

• Lewis
    February 1, 2007 at 5:38 am

as long as its fun for me im cool

• Lewis
    February 1, 2007 at 5:38 am

as long as its fun for me im cool

• Lewis
    January 31, 2007 at 10:38 pm

as long as its fun for me im cool

• Veggiemanuk
    February 1, 2007 at 1:10 pm

Its gona be WOW wii client. Ok only joking, but just imagine it.

With the wiimote+nunchuch its probably the only thing that can handle such things other than mouse+keyboard.

But if it is Blizzard it could be any number of things, Diablo, Starcraft(WH40K withought the license). but after all that it could be a pile-o-poo instead.

• Veggiemanuk
    February 1, 2007 at 1:10 pm

Its gona be WOW wii client. Ok only joking, but just imagine it.

• Veggiemanuk
    February 1, 2007 at 6:10 am

Its gona be WOW wii client. Ok only joking, but just imagine it.

• February 1, 2007 at 6:50 am

MMO on the Wii.. whoa.. so cool *o*.. hope it’s true tho… WoW.. Diablo.. in the wiimote+nunchuk combo.. I’d certainly be getting that 😉

• February 1, 2007 at 1:50 pm

• February 1, 2007 at 1:50 pm

• Lewis
    February 1, 2007 at 10:20 pm

whatever it is it better not suck! 3rd parties will kill great games if they cant get the controls right, hey nintendo, time for wavebird 2 plz!

• Lewis