Wii-mote Charger coming (in Japan)

Wii-mote Charger coming (in Japan)

by Mickey DeLorenzoFebruary 6, 2007

wiimote chargersA Japanese electronics manufacturer, Thanko began allowing pre-orders for the new Wiimote charger today and should be at your door step by the end of February. The cradles draw power via the Wiis USB ports and charge a set of lithium-ion batteries in three-and-a-half hours resulting in an estimated 25 hours of Wiimote power.

A single cradle is priced at $29 and a set of two at $54. Like all the other Wii accessories, these are a bit pricey but hopefully well worth it. This puts the price of a Wiimote, nunchuck and a charger at around $80 per set.

I didn’t see any word on when these will be on sale in American or European retail locations but hopefully it won’t be long!

Source: joystiq

wiimote charger
wiimote charger

• February 6, 2007 at 3:06 pm

on sell in the us tomorrow check ebgames.com!

• February 6, 2007 at 8:06 am

on sell in the us tomorrow check ebgames.com!

• shanoboy
    February 6, 2007 at 3:35 pm

I went to ebgames.com and could only find the Nyko controller chager, not the one in the post above. Am I missing it. If anyone finds it post the link. Thanks

• shanoboy
    February 6, 2007 at 8:35 am

• February 6, 2007 at 9:43 pm

I keep both my wiimotes horizontal with the nunchuks attached and with the gloves on. I’m not sure if this’ll be of any help. Though it’s tempting me a bit. Still skeptic whether a fully gloved wiimote would fit in the charger cradle. I always have to remove the glove and the battery cover to recharge the batteries.

• February 6, 2007 at 9:43 pm

• February 6, 2007 at 9:43 pm

• February 6, 2007 at 9:43 pm

• February 6, 2007 at 9:43 pm

• February 6, 2007 at 9:43 pm

• February 6, 2007 at 9:43 pm

• February 6, 2007 at 2:43 pm

• Hochiminh
    February 7, 2007 at 6:14 am

My Gamestop email said March 15th. For what kind of brand name, I don’t know.

• Hochiminh
    February 7, 2007 at 6:14 am

My Gamestop email said March 15th. For what kind of brand name, I don’t know.

• Hochiminh
    February 6, 2007 at 11:14 pm

My Gamestop email said March 15th. For what kind of brand name, I don’t know.

• gamestop employee
    February 7, 2007 at 6:54 am

the one available at gamestop is the nyko brand charger and will sell for, i believe $30, it will charge 2 remotes and comes with the batteries, but plugs into the wall, no word on any other brand of charger coming soon

• gamestop employee