Mario Party 8 Fact Sheet Revealed

Mario Party 8 Fact Sheet Revealed

by Mickey DeLorenzoFebruary 7, 2007

Mario Party 8KEY INFORMATION
The world’s most popular party video game is getting a lot crazier in Mario Party 8. Whether you’re shaking up cola cans or lassoing barrels, you and your friends will be drawn into the action like never before using the Wii Remote™.

* Play with motion control: Players row their way through a river race, punch a statue to pieces, steer race cars, mopeds and go-karts and handle a balancing pole while walking a tightrope.

* Play using the Pointer: Shoot at Boos in a haunted house, rag and drop toppings in a cake-decorating competition, select the correct answers in game show challenges.

* Play using the Wii Remote’s buttons: Players jump and pummel their way through a football brawl, hop and run across a field of spinning platforms

* Mario Party 8 also includes dozens of new minigames, six new party boards and many new game modes. In a series first, players can transform their characters into many forms, such as player-smashing boulders and coin-sucking vampires. Mario Party 8 also includes “extra-large� minigames like Star Carnival Bowling and Table Menace. One to four players can play Mario Party 8, each with a Wii Remote.

Game storyline: In Mario Party 8, a whimsical ringmaster has invited Mario™, Peach and the rest of the crew to his carnival, a perfect setting for the dynamic spectacle of the Wii game play. Mario Party 8 keeps the surprises coming with minigames that draw upon the Wii Remote’s motion, pointing and button control in a variety of ways. Players always know how to jump into the action by watching an animated tutorial that shows how to use the Wii Remote.

More at The Wii Experience

• February 7, 2007 at 8:20 pm

Man I can’t wait for this game to drop!

• February 7, 2007 at 1:20 pm

Man I can’t wait for this game to drop!

• MJ
    February 7, 2007 at 11:29 pm

Hmm… another Mario Party. Yay?

• MJ
    February 7, 2007 at 11:29 pm

Hmm… another Mario Party. Yay?

• MJ
    February 7, 2007 at 4:29 pm

Hmm… another Mario Party. Yay?

• February 7, 2007 at 11:51 pm

This game is gonna be awesome. Party games are great on the wii.

• February 7, 2007 at 4:51 pm

This game is gonna be awesome. Party games are great on the wii.

• Lewis
    February 8, 2007 at 6:24 am

well, i saw the old mario party games and thought they sucked, this sounds cool but should be online. i will NEVER find 3 more players and if i do i won’t b able to fit them in my room, we’d be smacking and slapping each other all around.

• Lewis
    February 7, 2007 at 11:24 pm

• Dark_saito_mega
    February 10, 2007 at 3:06 am

Note: this game has wifi now ^^ no longer going to be released 3-5-2007, because they are going to wait till they can put in a wf connection kit *is excited*

• Dark_saito_mega
    February 9, 2007 at 8:06 pm

• Zack
    February 11, 2007 at 5:23 pm

Not confirmed, ignore Dark_saito_mega (Wi-fi, date has changed)

• Zack
    February 11, 2007 at 5:23 pm

Not confirmed, ignore Dark_saito_mega (Wi-fi, date has changed)

• Zack
    February 11, 2007 at 10:23 am

Not confirmed, ignore Dark_saito_mega (Wi-fi, date has changed)

• Steven
    March 28, 2007 at 12:01 am

I can not wait for Mario Party 8!!! I have all of the Mario Parties. I herd that this game is going to be so amazing!!! I don’t wanna be mean, but for those of you who don’t like Mario Party… you are totally missin out! I feel sorry for you… it’s sad.

• March 27, 2007 at 5:01 pm

• Toadette Mushroom
    March 28, 2007 at 12:13 am

Yeah!!! Looks like Mario’s invited to a carnival, a perfect spot for Mario Party 8. And of course I’m going with him and the crew. Geees man, I hope Bowser doesn’t show up and crash the party. He’s such a jerk!!! Anyway, I can’t wait to try out the new board maps and mini-games! I know that one of the board maps is Boo’s Hidaway. Eeeeeeee!!! Big scary mansions give me the heebee jeebees!!! But yet, it will still be fun!!!

• March 27, 2007 at 5:13 pm