Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, delayed to 2008?

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, delayed to 2008?

by Bradley DeLorenzoMarch 13, 2007

Metroid Prime 3US online retailer Best Buy has sent out an email notifying customers who have pre-ordered Metroid Prime 3: Corruption for Wii that the release date has changed from summer ’07 to New. Year’s. Eve.

Will it or won’t it make 2007? It’s a question that’s repeatedly being asked more and more.

Back in February CVG reported that Nintendo US boss Reggie Fils-Aime told MTV:

“The focus on ‘Prime 3’ is to make that the stellar game for a first-person experience on the platform. What that means is we’re going to make sure it’s perfect when we launch it.”

Looks like a case of “Mario Party 8 syndrome”…

Bradley DeLorenzo
  • shanoboy
    March 13, 2007 at 6:14 pm

Whats new? Fantom Hourglass isn’t due to come out til around this time either. And I remember around summer time last year there were rumors it might be out about this time this year.

• shanoboy
    March 13, 2007 at 11:14 am

• JoKer
    March 13, 2007 at 7:25 pm

zelda twilight pricess was supposed to come like 3 years ago. the new might be out in 2008

• JoKer
    March 13, 2007 at 7:25 pm

• JoKer
    March 13, 2007 at 12:25 pm

• March 13, 2007 at 9:10 pm

God damn it… and I just rushed through the first two.

• March 13, 2007 at 2:10 pm

God damn it… and I just rushed through the first two.

• March 13, 2007 at 9:13 pm

maybe they will release it for xmas 🙂 , or maybe SMG will be for xmas and MP:C will be xmas 2008 🙁

• March 13, 2007 at 2:13 pm

• Roth (on Wii*d)
    March 13, 2007 at 11:22 pm

That’s disappointing news for Metroid fans then, but as for me it’s sure is enough time to play all the previous Metroid games.
    I say it’s best wait for it to be perfected like when we had to wait an extra year for Zelda TP to be polished up. It was well worth the wait though, and now it’s rated a perfect three 10s by EGM. Speaking of EGM, in the new issue they mentioned exclusive news about the next upcoming “Mushroom-Kingdom Hearts”~ by Square Enix, said to feature a number of Nintendo franchise characters and the regular KH characters. I should post up this news. :D/

// Roth on Wii*d

• Roth (on Wii*d)
    March 13, 2007 at 11:22 pm

// Roth on Wii*d

• Roth (on Wii*d)
    March 13, 2007 at 11:22 pm

// Roth on Wii*d

• Roth (on Wii*d)
    March 13, 2007 at 4:22 pm

I say it’s best wait for it to be perfected like when we had to wait an extra year for Zelda TP to be polished up. It was well worth the wait though, and now it’s rated a perfect three 10s by EGM. Speaking of EGM, in the new issue they mentioned exclusive news about the next upcoming “Mushroom-Kingdom Hearts”~ by Square Enix, said to feature a number of Nintendo franchise characters and the regular KH characters. I should post up this news. \:D/

// Roth on Wii*d

• Hochiminh
    March 14, 2007 at 5:21 am

Boo @ Metroid Prime 3. Well, I hope this game is perfect beyond recognition and a full online component where you can pick players and chat via headset (or visor; lol).

• Hochiminh
    March 13, 2007 at 10:21 pm

• March 14, 2007 at 5:52 am

Dear Nintendo,

Please do not make us suffer like MP:H. Keeping all sacrifices to a minimum would be greatly appreciated.

Loyal Nintendo Fan.