Multi-colored Wiimotes Coming?

Multi-colored Wiimotes Coming?

by Mickey DeLorenzoApril 3, 2007

A website called Gaming Horizon recently posted a rumor that Nintendo is planning on releasing different colored Wii-motes and nunchuks soon. The colors listed on the site were Silver, Blue and Pearl Pink. The report says there is no official confirmation from Nintendo yet and doesn’t have a source listed.

Hmm… Is this a plausible rumor or a late April Fools joke? I hope it’s true, we’ve been seeing images like the one below float around on the web for a while now.

multi-colored wiimotes

source

• April 3, 2007 at 6:53 pm

I seriously don’t understand why Nintendo always flaunts their products in all these great colours and never sells them in like that. >:[
    And if multi colour Wiimotes are coming out then multi colour Wii’s will come out at the same time, it wouldn’t make any sense otherwise. (even for Nintendo.)

(heh, check the size of the power button out on the pic above. The IR sensor has changed too.)

• April 3, 2007 at 11:53 am

• shanoboy
    April 3, 2007 at 8:06 pm

That might be a photoshopped image. I found it in some wii forum.

• shanoboy
    April 3, 2007 at 1:06 pm

That might be a photoshopped image. I found it in some wii forum.

• rockefellow
    April 3, 2007 at 8:24 pm

no, those are really, really old pictures, from when there were supposed to be colored Wii’s as well.

You can tell, there’s a different sized IR sensor, power button, and “Nintendo” is written across the bottom. The 1 and 2 buttons are switched with A and B, along with a few labeled buttons, such as “home” and the – and +. Which aren’t called that there.

Then again, these may be substitutes, since there aren’t any real pictures of the probably fake new controllers.

• rockefellow
    April 3, 2007 at 1:24 pm

• April 3, 2007 at 9:45 pm

Yeah, these are prototype photos posted from the Nintendo forum while the project was still called “The Revolution”.

Anyway, I’ve been waiting for the silver and if possible the blue one. :D/

• April 3, 2007 at 9:45 pm

Anyway, I’ve been waiting for the silver and if possible the blue one. :D/

• April 3, 2007 at 2:45 pm

Anyway, I’ve been waiting for the silver and if possible the blue one. \:D/

• Will
    April 4, 2007 at 12:19 am

This sounds great and all but a lot of players like myself are happy with the wiimote slip covers. How exactly are we really going to care what color the remote is when we have colored sleeves for them? When I got the remote bundled with Wii Play and used it without a cover it just felt awkward so I’m already hooked. Plus I hate the thought of those $30 remotes getting all gummed up over time.

• Will
    April 4, 2007 at 12:19 am

• Will
    April 3, 2007 at 5:19 pm

• April 4, 2007 at 8:34 am

Red looks disgusting, as does green.
    I’m not a fan of silver, so I really only like the black and white ones.

• April 4, 2007 at 1:34 am

Red looks disgusting, as does green.
    I’m not a fan of silver, so I really only like the black and white ones.

• JimmyDief
    April 5, 2007 at 1:37 pm

I’m perfectly content with white Wiimotes, although I would buy a black one if they confirm this before Wiimotes become available in my area.

• JimmyDief
    April 5, 2007 at 1:37 pm

• JimmyDief
    April 5, 2007 at 6:37 am

• December 9, 2012 at 10:31 am

There sould be the 4 collors they use always ingame Blue Green Yellow and Red… ok Red is already avalible but the others would be nice