Cryptic Brawl Update

Cryptic Brawl Update

by Dan JohnsonJuly 20, 2007

screenshot

In this world, trophies fight.

screenshot

screenshot

screenshot

They know nothing but fighting. Fighting is the sole reason for their existence.

screenshot

Being turned back into a trophy, being unable to fight, is much like death.

screenshot

screenshot

screenshot

Those are the rules of this world.

screenshot

But…

screenshot

When someone…or something…breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price…

screenshot

These are actually probably screens from the opening of the game…enjoy!!!

Also of note, some people think the cloud to the right of the ship looks like Bowser and the cloud to the far right looks like Ridley. Thoughts?

(this is Super Smash Bros Dojo update #42)

Dan Johnson
  • Pigeon_Feeder
    July 20, 2007 at 2:14 pm

hmmmm,I thought this was rather odd…..but maybe this game has a stroyline,and a story mode,and each character has a different story about them. Or Maybe it just is the oppening screen,or maybe it’s both…

• Pigeon_Feeder
    July 20, 2007 at 2:14 pm

• Pigeon_Feeder
    July 20, 2007 at 2:14 pm

• Pigeon_Feeder
    July 20, 2007 at 2:14 pm

• Pigeon_Feeder
    July 20, 2007 at 9:14 am

• kevbo
    July 20, 2007 at 2:55 pm

Im pretty sure there will be a story mode and a nice robust single player.
    The last game was very deep with lots of modes so Im sure this will follow suit…

As far as the clouds in the second to last picture… I can definitely see Bowser on the right hand side

• kevbo
    July 20, 2007 at 9:55 am

Im pretty sure there will be a story mode and a nice robust single player.

• Pigeon_Feeder
    July 20, 2007 at 2:57 pm

also for the clouds….I belive the one above the ship highly resembles an ice climber….but then I thought,that can’t be right

• Pigeon_Feeder
    July 20, 2007 at 9:57 am

• paq
    July 20, 2007 at 3:22 pm

“These are actually probably screens from the opening of the game…”, where did you get that from?

• paq
    July 20, 2007 at 10:22 am

• Monkmanny
    July 20, 2007 at 4:20 pm

I think that although the last two pictures are shown consecutively, they are unrelated. The ship in the second to last pic is Meta Knight’s “Halberd,” and if you remember how in ssbm they intorduced the characters 1 by 1 in the intro, I think that could just be a shot from Meta Knight’s introduction sequence sorta-thing. And also, I bet these shots really are from the opening sequence because the 3rd pic looks stunningly like the opening of ssbm with the mario trophy.

• Monkmanny
    July 20, 2007 at 11:20 am

• Pokamiki
    July 20, 2007 at 4:53 pm

Hey, there really is bowser at the top-right corner!!! Althought I don´t think it´s oppening, it looks too crappy for it. I hope the opponening will look like in Melee, there was a good one.

• Pokamiki
    July 20, 2007 at 11:53 am

• [][][]
    July 20, 2007 at 6:17 pm

I want to know what that thing is on the last picture. It looks awsome, and I hope its a playable character that you can get from that game mode.

• [][][]
    July 20, 2007 at 1:17 pm

• SirVenom
    July 20, 2007 at 6:18 pm

Pokamiki:
    Remember that it still has half a year to produce.

Also, notice that this update is listed in Game Modes…. could be story mode?

• SirVenom
    July 20, 2007 at 1:18 pm

Pokamiki:
    Remember that it still has half a year to produce.

Also, notice that this update is listed in Game Modes…. could be story mode?

• mike
    July 20, 2007 at 6:44 pm

“actually probably”

What does that even mean?

• mike
    July 20, 2007 at 1:44 pm

“actually probably”

What does that even mean?

• Jamie
    July 20, 2007 at 7:22 pm

this is definately not the opening. it is an actual world where your trophies fight. it is listed under game modes. i doubt the main producer of this game would make a mistake that big.

• Jamie
    July 20, 2007 at 2:22 pm

• Pigeon_Feeder
    July 20, 2007 at 7:50 pm

I still believe it’s the opening…but I have a comment about the last pic………..I believe somehow that character is the new master hand,or assists him somehow…
    …just a thought

• Pigeon_Feeder
    July 20, 2007 at 2:50 pm

…just a thought

• corrupted20
    July 20, 2007 at 7:53 pm

i see so many characters both made from the clods and the clouds forming around someone to resemble them

• corrupted20
    July 20, 2007 at 7:53 pm

• corrupted20
    July 20, 2007 at 2:53 pm

• Sanic3
    July 20, 2007 at 11:58 pm

What is that on the last pic? Somehow, it reminded me of a Heartless… I don’t think it’s the opening, because it’s listed under game modes. I believe it’s a story mode. That would be really great!

• Sanic3
    July 20, 2007 at 6:58 pm

• InfDaMarvel
    July 21, 2007 at 12:40 am

Its a game mode, just go look at the super smash brawl site….where they get these things FYI.

• InfDaMarvel
    July 20, 2007 at 7:40 pm

• Pokamiki
    July 21, 2007 at 7:38 am

The creature on final pic looks like evil sandbox… But his desighn resembles me heartless from KH series… Althought, it may be heartless, because if you see the list of musicians, there will be one that makes the music for KH series, it probably may be that there wouldn´t only Snake from not Nintendo franchises, but I think there will be for example Sora from KH (But I hope there wouldn´t be any of Disney characters, hate them:))

• Pokamiki
    July 21, 2007 at 2:38 am

• Nemesis
    July 21, 2007 at 7:23 pm

I reckon those dolls things on the last picture could be the new equivalent to the wireframes in SSBM.

• Nemesis
    July 21, 2007 at 2:23 pm

• Zach
    July 23, 2007 at 2:54 am

That last pic looks just like sandbag with a mask on if you look close enough.

• Zach
    July 22, 2007 at 9:54 pm

That last pic looks just like sandbag with a mask on if you look close enough.