There is an update for the wii console available now the update add some new features and improvements such as:
-Digital Clock added to the Wii Menu right under the channel bar
-Forecast Channel now displays the current condition (cloudy, raining, etc.) directly in the Wii Menu in the Forecast Channel box
Wii Shop Channel Overhauled (Visual aesthetic is the same, changes made to organization and browsing methods mostly)
-New Welcome screen detailing 4 Recommended Titles and the points they cost (gone is the title screen bar that had linkable games). The title bar can be clicked on to bring up a list of 20 recommended games.
-Titles YouÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve Downloaded was moved to the main shop menu
-New ways to browse
More info here
– Clock Display
– New colour scheme for the mail channel/message
– Disk Channel – The Disk turns 180 left and right
– Forcast Channel Icon (once you click on it)- Now displays the weather without having to enter the channel
– Faster loading times when changing channels/leaving channels
– Faster disk read speeds
– Move contacts on Address Book
– News headlines in News Channel menu
– Calendar no longer displays envelopes for the amount of time you played, only messages
– Light bar goes on when disk is inserted or removed
– Able to navigate Wii Settings with + and –
– Scrolling through messages – New sound, and scrolling with B now displays an arrow similar to the Internet Channel
– AOSS is now an option in the wireless connection setup.
– New option added to parental controls to restrict online communication… hmmmm…
– HIDDEN UPDATE: Keyboard support added to message board, shop channel, and news channel. Will not work in internet channel.
Wii ModificationsThere is an update after the initial 3.0U that warns people about using mod chips and that you will be disconnected from online and the Wii will brick. This has been confirmed with some mod-chips, head over to GBAtemp for a forum discussion on this.
As of right now, It has been reported that if you have OpenWii installed the update will stop all games from loading. Other mod chips do not seem to be affected.
Also, its been said that the disclaimer bricking warning is for future use.
By taking the update, you allow them in the future to brick your modified Wii at any time. Most likely, this update was only step 1. Another update *could* kick in the real bricking, and you won’t have a choice anymore with that one, because you accepted the step 1 update, and now if you have a modded Wii it can now be bricked by any update. Update/bricking may also happen during online gaming. This opens the question can Nintendo legally “brick” your console? Will future games MAKE you update like the PSP does and Super Paper Mario did?
WiiFree – Working, Online works
WiiKey – Working, Online works
Wiinja v2 & Deluxe – Working, Online works
CycloWiz – Working, Online works
YAOSM – Working
YAOSM loader – NOT Working
OpenWii – N/A (based on five cases, one person reports that it does NOT work)
Wiid – Working (5 working 1 not working)
Chiip – Working (NTSC and PAL)
WiiKey setup disk – NOT Working (loading it through GCOS first then switching does.)
Action Replay – NOT Working
Freeloader – NOT Working
(WiiNintendo’s list is subject to change as more reports come in)
Black Screen of Death
Reports of the Wii crashing after the 3.0U update are coming in. There have been reports from the US and Japan so far. Below is a video of a Japanese Wii receiving the black screen of death.Ã‚Â The user below had the following setup (Wii Japan 2.2J + Wiikey update to 3.0J):