Smash Bros. delayed to Feb 2008 for USA

Smash Bros. delayed to Feb 2008 for USA

by Mickey DeLorenzoOctober 11, 2007

Everyone will now be getting Nintendo’s all-star Brawl in the first quarter of 2008.

Nintendo of America held a small media conference today where company vice president, George Harrison, announced that Super Smash Bros. Brawl will now be released across North American on February 10, 2008 – two months later than its previously announced date of December 3, 2007.(Why the horror ohh the absolute horror!!)

The game – which was also available in playable form at the conference – will debut in Japan on January 24, 2008, and the reasoning behind the global delay, according to Nintendo president Satoru Iwata, is to “unprecedented” level of depth.

Iwata also said, “We have decided that we have to take a little more time to complete the game than we announced before. We are sorry for the fans that are already anxiously waiting for the launch.”

Harrison, meanwhile, remained optimistic and mentioned the importance of Sonic’s presence in the game. He also reiterated what Iwata said at this week’s Japanese conference, which was that content sharing amongst players will be on offer in the game – both locally and via the internet.

Stay with WiiNintendo for the latest News!

Profile photo of Mickey DeLorenzo
  • xero
    October 11, 2007 at 2:51 pm

*sigh* well, at least the game’ll be better…….

• Manu
    October 11, 2007 at 3:35 pm

as mush as it breaks my heart…
    im sure the pros (cool new stuff) will outweigh the cons (delay)

• Taylor
    October 11, 2007 at 3:40 pm

Im seriously gonna kick a baby. D:

• kevbo
    October 11, 2007 at 3:50 pm

its kinda beat but with all the other great games coming out, its all good… as long as they are making it better which you know they are ;-}

• Hologram
    October 11, 2007 at 3:58 pm

Sucks but hopefully the two month delay will help them get everything straightened out.

• Hollis
    October 11, 2007 at 4:17 pm

• Josh
    October 11, 2007 at 4:24 pm

Hollis, then you just lost out on a great game.

• Mike
    October 11, 2007 at 5:07 pm

lol Hollis youre stupid if you don’t buy a game because a delay then you real dumb.

• Jose
    October 11, 2007 at 5:15 pm

Bah, I don’t care about this delay (actually, I do, but it’s all good XD)..

As long as they take this delay to perfect the game.. to perfect the online gaming (wouldn’t we just HATE lag on a fight game? lol).. and all kinds of stuff..

A few new characters wouldn’t hurt too XD..

Well.. see ya online after feb.3rd =D

• Mike
    October 11, 2007 at 8:06 pm

its coming out eentually jeez and it will be after christmas so ill have enough money

• October 11, 2007 at 8:22 pm

Yeah, wouldn’t we all need the money we get from the Holidays?
    The following lineup looks to be a mess of interesting titles, not to mention the online ones.
    I’m curious about the release dates for the other regions for this game (Asia & Europe).

• Hollis
    October 11, 2007 at 8:40 pm

hey well all you dudes who think i’m stupid? If anyone’s stupid, it’s Nintendo. They confirmed that it’s be released in 2007. The fools can’t keep what they say!

• Gameking
    October 11, 2007 at 9:14 pm

So does sony alot,@ holloris . Lots of the times they delay.

• Troutfisch
    October 11, 2007 at 9:57 pm

I hear you on that one Hollis – they said we’d have the big 3 by the end of this year (Prime 3, Galaxy, and Brawl) but it looks like they fell back on their promise.

Still if the game turns out to be that much better its worth the wait.

• Profile photo of SirVenom
    October 11, 2007 at 9:57 pm

Hollis, they encountered unexpected problems. They confirmed that there is lag in online play! They probably are tweaking that among other things.

Don’t act suprised, either. Nintendo delays all of its big titles to ensure perfection. The reason why Zelda was delayed for so long was to “Wii-make* it. Would we want to go back and change that? Not me, I will tell you that much.

• Wallis
    October 11, 2007 at 10:27 pm

1.Great game

• a hoe
    October 11, 2007 at 10:30 pm

Reggie wanted george to announce the delay so he wouldn’t get shot

• Hochiminh
    October 11, 2007 at 10:31 pm

Cool. I expected this. I also am predicting a delay for Galaxy. But don’t quote me on this. With so many great games coming out this fall, I could care less. I need to save my money anyway.

• InfDaMarvel
    October 12, 2007 at 5:44 am

Maybe is these mofos didnt try to shove conetent in at the last moment…..but have another cool surprise character to play at…and better bring back my mother effing falco. No clue how Im going to compete wit sonic if I dont have falco…lol.

• Sea-Bass
    October 12, 2007 at 9:02 am

If you’re from the USA please dont whine about this delay. I doubt Europe gets this game before April, if not as late as June or worse. (Paper Mario anyone?). Why are so many companies forgetting Europe, I mean it wouldnt be that hard to miss innit? Its that middle part of the world where there are more countries than most people from the west can remember and they tend to be hot-headed. Rings a bell? No? Thought so.

• SirVenom
    October 12, 2007 at 11:31 am

I understand your pain there… but the fact the Europe is dominated by the PAL format is what slows down development. Plus, there are minor differences between american and european english that they fix up… but that should only take a short time….

• blockss
    October 12, 2007 at 11:47 am

I really dont care about the delay, if its only to make it better go ahead take more time , maybe it has a shallow story line and Nintendo wants to add more to it or will add more characters and more content to it and last making online close to perfection..

• Joe
    October 15, 2007 at 1:33 pm

Lag in Smash online is caused by the speed of light, nothing they can really do about that. However, I suspect Nintendo’s next system will break the laws of physics.