First Mario Kart Wii Tournament Underway

First Mario Kart Wii Tournament Underway

by Steve CullumApril 30, 2008

Hey everyone!  I’m really honored to join the WiiNintendo team.  But enough about me…  On with the Nintendo news!

Mario Kart Wii

It seems the first Mario Kart Wii tournament is underway.  It takes place on the Mario Circuit, where you race to get the fastest time.  It also seems that the Chain Chomps are free roaming and not stuck to the first “S-curve.”  You are able to send as many entries as you want during the tournament.  So far, I’ve submitted 4, with my best time being 2:03.467 with Yoshi in the Standard Dragster.  How’s everyone else doing?

Official Nintendo press release:  Click here.

Profile photo of Steve Cullum
Steve Cullum
Steve is a Senior Editor for NintendoFuse. He has been a Nintendo fan since the NES and Game Boy. His favorite types of games are action platformers, multiplayer “party” games, and any game that is pure fun and pulls him in for hours. Steve has been blogging for NintendoFuse since 2008.
  • Tarrkid
    May 1, 2008 at 8:16 am

I like the roaming Chomps! I got 1:57 or so (can’t remember exactly) using Funky Kong in the… Well, I don’t even remember what car it was. The one with the highest top speed.

I need to wean myself off of automatic drift, though. I’m sure that’s how to get the best times.

• Leroi09
    May 1, 2008 at 9:20 am

My best time is 1:48.931 that is using my mii on manual with the spear or the torpedo as it was called in the european version which was a much cooler name. It took me about 15 times of playing it to not get hit by a blue shell though.

• CoolMaster
    May 1, 2008 at 1:30 pm

I have 1.43.7 with Bowser bike

• Profile photo of
    May 1, 2008 at 6:37 pm

I can’t seem to get below 1:55… but I’m only using the standard 4 bikes and 4 karts, haven’t unlocked everything yet. The 1:55 is with the bullet bike, forget what it’s called.

• May 2, 2008 at 1:15 am

I got 1:50 with Rosalina on the Star Shooter. I don’t know how the hell people are getting like 1:36 on this thing though, sheesh.

• Profile photo of
    May 2, 2008 at 12:50 pm

Man, I’m finally down to 2:01. I dunno how you guys are going that fast. haha. I keep getting bombarded with shells, etc. when I get out front. 1:36 is just crazy!