Madden ’09 all to look forward to?

Madden ’09 all to look forward to?

by Steve CullumMay 31, 2008

Madden '09

According to CNN’s list(from GameTap), the only Wii game to look forward to for the rest of 2008 is Madden ’09.  All the other games are for PC, PS3, and XB360.  Granted, I know Nintendo has already released several big-hitters this year, but surely that’s not all there is to 2008.  What about Stars Wars: The Force Unleashed, Mushroom Men, Civilization Revolution, Animal Crossing (I’m hoping for a 2008 release), Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (also hoping for 2008), and Dog Island (I kid!).  I’m sure there are others I’m forgetting.  Anyway, do you agree with this list?  What are some Wii games you are really looking forward to in 2008?

For the full list, click here.

Profile photo of Steve Cullum
Steve Cullum
Steve is a Senior Editor for NintendoFuse. He has been a Nintendo fan since the NES and Game Boy. His favorite types of games are action platformers, multiplayer “party” games, and any game that is pure fun and pulls him in for hours. Steve has been blogging for NintendoFuse since 2008.
  • aertaert
    May 31, 2008 at 3:02 pm

As far as exclusive titles go Animal Crossing really needs to come out in 08 to give the wii a lil boost to end off 08!

• May 31, 2008 at 5:04 pm

I’m rooting for future WiiWare releases rather.
    On the physical releases, I’m looking forward to Wario Land Shake [Wii], hopefully 2008.

• pyroxide
    June 1, 2008 at 9:31 am

I’m looking forward to Skate It and The Force Unleashed for this year. Mad World, Call of Duty 5, SPORE, and The Conduit are the other games on my radar.

• shanoboy
    June 1, 2008 at 11:25 am

CNN seems to do a bit of hating on Wii for some reason. Who listens to them for game news anyway?

• Jeda
    June 1, 2008 at 8:52 pm

Super Smash Bros. Brawl…

• Profile photo of
    June 2, 2008 at 12:15 pm

As far as games to look forward to… I think the list will grow when Nintendo gives us the “big news” at E3 ’08. Whether it’s a new Kid Icarus, Pikmin, or brand new game, you can be damn sure there’s gonna be a huge group looking forward to it.

For me, I’m looking forward to playing catch up on a lot of games I have yet to play… No More Heroes, and Dewy’s Adventure being the top of the list right now. Yeah, I said Dewy’s Adventure… from what I can tell, this is an awesome game that isn’t receiving any credit for some reason.

• Solid Snake
    June 3, 2008 at 1:02 pm

Unfortunately, Nintendo has a nasty habit of not playing as nicely with 3rd party makers as Sony or Microsoft. Most of the good games for Wii (especially the exclusive ones) are made in-house.

Also… most gamers (not casual gamers, new gamers, or old people) would completely agree with that list. I was actually kind of disappointed to see Gears of War 2 on there (by the time I got around playing the game it definitely didn’t live up to the hype).

As a college student who’s oldest memories are probably ones playing video games, I love to see cutting-edge updates to classic titles like Metal Gear Solid 4, and truly amazing and innovative games like Fable 2, LittleBigPlanet and Spore that immerse you in an environment.

Frankly, the Wii isn’t powerful enough, nor does it have the graphics capabilities to draw the attention of a real gamer. I realize Maxis is working on a Wii version of Spore, but they’re having to do so much extra work to port it to the Wii. But I doubt that the Wii could handle a game like Metal Gear Solid 4 (because of it’s amazing 1080p graphics, the processing power required for it, and the shear amount of data that has to fit on a disc), Fable 2 (it’s going to be huge!), Resistance 2 (60 player multiplayer online?! All I’ve heard from friends who have Wiis about it’s online system are complaints…), or even LittleBigPlanet (those levels are going to be huge, and the online support is going to have to be very robust).

So… I guess what I’m saying is: The Wii is great for casual gaming and parties, but when it comes to blockbuster releases, you’re going to have to upgrade.

• June 3, 2008 at 6:00 pm

Fatal Frame is definitely a huge series, and part 4 is coming July for Japan so hopefully a US release will be announced soon. The same goes to Wario Land Shake and Resident Evil 0 [Wii].

Huge franchises~ \:D/

• Solid Snake
    June 4, 2008 at 4:03 pm

I didn’t realize Fatal Frame was coming out on Wii… the Wiimote should add an interesting dimension of gameplay. I loved the first three…

What is Wario Land Shake? I’ve always hated anything related to Wario…

Resident Evil 0? Again? Seriously?