Mario Galaxy overrated?!?

Mario Galaxy overrated?!?

by Steve CullumJune 5, 2008 has put together a list of overrated games over the past 10 years. Check it out, but be aware you might be unhappy with the results.

Click here to view the list.

(By the way, this is “scullum2001.”  I have decided after 10-12 years to change my handle.  I am now “hattrick.”)

Profile photo of Steve Cullum
Steve Cullum
Steve is a Senior Editor for NintendoFuse. He has been a Nintendo fan since the NES and Game Boy. His favorite types of games are action platformers, multiplayer “party” games, and any game that is pure fun and pulls him in for hours. Steve has been blogging for NintendoFuse since 2008.
  • Profile photo of
    June 5, 2008 at 4:47 pm

testing comment section…

• June 5, 2008 at 5:31 pm

Why wasn’t LoZ in there then? Halo’s more overated then Mario.

• Mack2D2
    June 5, 2008 at 7:24 pm

Hattrick huh?… are you a blasted Detroit Redwings fan by chance?

• ttam
    June 5, 2008 at 8:06 pm

Super Mario Galaxy is not overrated… it simply was a great game, it, was short though.

• June 5, 2008 at 8:17 pm

@ Mack2D2 — Nope. Not a huge hockey fan, but when I do watch, I like The Blues.

@ ttam — Not that short…especially if you go after all 120 stars, and then the same with Luigi.

• Daniel
    June 5, 2008 at 9:26 pm

I think it was just a little over rated, it appeared too much on tv and stuff while other games that are better werent even mentioned. I prefer a lot more other mario games like mario 64 or mario bros 3.

• yamiseto
    June 5, 2008 at 9:50 pm

WTF! How is SMG overated. If I don’t recall, his face was not plastered on every freaking thing (coughMountainDewwithMasterChiefcough). And after getting all 120 stars was VERY rewarding. I smell Halo FANBOY.

• NinJA
    June 6, 2008 at 12:39 am

Come on guys, Mario galaxy was huge.. It had about 35 galaxies with around 6 levels for each galaxy ( Each level was unique, even though they were from the same galaxy ) Including hidden galaxies aswell that’s 200+ levels of superb quality marioage. ( I’m at 77 stars, beat bowser, and still loving it ) You won’t play another game anything like it so I Loved the game dearly and always will.. Don’t know what I’d do If the game never got released.

• June 6, 2008 at 4:26 am

Even Metroid Prime 3 was overshadowed by Super Mario Galaxy.
    Doesn’t matter though, as long as the game delivers and it did.

• June 6, 2008 at 5:48 am

Come on this guy has halo fanboy written all over his face, SMG is not overrated if anything its underrated, SMG was freaking AMAZING!!! Halo is the one that is highly overrated!!

• cfutlung
    June 6, 2008 at 10:29 am

I would put Super Smash Bros. Brawl as the most overrated!

• June 6, 2008 at 6:52 pm

I agree with Brawl being over rated… it’s still an awesome game, but it’s overrated. As for Halo 3… that is DEFINITELY the most overrated game to be released in the last 2 years. The single player campaign can be beaten in under 8 hours (5 if you’re really good) and they barely modified the online/multiplayer stuff at all from Halo 2. Halo = epic FAIL due to developer laziness.

• skunkchop
    June 7, 2008 at 1:00 am

They mentioned that the Super Mario Galaxy wasn’t fun, they didn’t explain why. They seemed to emphasize their complaint on how it’s “the same Mario story over and over again”, yet it doesn’t seem like a bad thing at all.
    Nintendogs isn’t overrated, they were getting “overrated” mixed up with “over popular”. Nintendogs is still really great though, I have it and love it.
    Also, why didn’t I see any of the Halos on the list?

Oh yeah, let me tell you how much I’m going to trust that website.