In a little over 12 hours, we will be watching Nintendo unveil what they have planned for us for the coming months. Many months of rumors and leaks have built up to this moment and it’s so close. The hype is at a climax and as usual, some people are probably predicting too many megatons. Well, to put things into perspective, I’ve put together a list of things that are very likely to show, as well as possibilities. Check it out:
- The latest Wii accessory, known as the Wii MotionPlus, is confirmed to be at Nintendo’s E3 conference. I’m sure Nintendo has some big things planned for it, and I can’t wait to hear what they are.
- Wii Music is confirmed to be at E3 by IGN. We first saw this title as a demo at a previous E3 and it has captured my interest since then. And while we’re on this subject, wouldn’t the Wii MotionPlus be a perfect attachment for use in Wii Music? I think so.
- Animal Crossing Wii has been confirmed by a few different sources, and it makes sense. The title was announced a long time ago and we’ve heard nothing since. The latest rumors suggest that the game is complete, so it only makes sense that we’ll see it in action tomorrow.
- Disaster: Day of Crisis was announced a while ago and we haven’t heard much about the game. Nintendo certainly wants to appeal to its hardcore crowd, so they could talk more about this title.
- Showcase Wario Land: Shake It!, Kirby Superstar Ultra, Mario Super Sluggers, and more. I bet we can expect to see video footage of those titles and more in a video montage of some sort.
- The official US announcement of Pokemon Platinum at E3 would make sense. The game is set to release in Japan this September, so a release early 2009 in the US is likely and it’s about time to start the hype for it.
- Punch-Out!! Wii is rumored to be at E3 by NGamer. I’m sure many people hope Nintendo will unveil it.
- A new Wii Channel would be possible. Nintendo hasn’t announced any more channels, so it would make sense to reveal or hint at another channel for Wii’s future.
- Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Pay and Play was announced a while back, and we know very little details. I think E3 would be the right time to tell us more about it.
- A new, classic style, Donkey Kong title was rumored a while ago. It’s certainly possible that we’ll hear more about it at E3.
- A Wii hard drive has been wanted for so long, and E3 might finally be when Nintendo announces one.
- The other thing that has been wanted by Nintendo fans is voice chat on Wii. With Pay and Play coming, Nintendo will be improving their online service with more features, and voice chat is a perfect fit.
- It’s been a while since Twilight Princess has been out and it would be great if Nintendo revealed a teaser for their next Zelda title, which is rumored to be like no other Zelda title before.
- UPDATE: Whoops, I forgot one thing. Rumors have been flying around about a DS re-design, and even IGN says there is a possibility. Looks like there may be a chance for this to be revealed tomorrow, if it’s true.
The reason I didn’t include Pikmin 3 is because I think it’s too early for an announcement since Miyamoto recently said he was considering what to do next with the franchise. And I didn’t include Kid Icarus Wii because Matt from IGN just said that we’ll have to wait a bit longer to hear about the game. I think I covered everything else though. I know we can expect big things from Nintendo and there’s reason to be excited.
It’s too bad I don’t get to see the conference until later in the day since I have work from 8 am to 4:30 pm and then an orthodontist appointment at 4:40. That’s no fun. I made sure to set my DVR to record the conference on G4TV so I don’t miss it.