DSi SD Card Slot – Up Close

DSi SD Card Slot – Up Close

by Steve CullumOctober 27, 2008

Here are some up close and personal photos of what the SD slot looks like on the new DSi.

Profile photo of Steve Cullum
Steve Cullum
Steve is a Senior Editor for NintendoFuse. He has been a Nintendo fan since the NES and Game Boy. His favorite types of games are action platformers, multiplayer “party” games, and any game that is pure fun and pulls him in for hours. Steve has been blogging for NintendoFuse since 2008.
  • Jumbo
    October 27, 2008 at 9:40 am

Does it support SDHC (SD v2.0) or just SD (Secure Digital)?

• nitro_rev
    October 27, 2008 at 2:21 pm

I see another symbol on the R button, is this the cameras shutter button.

• Noodle
    October 28, 2008 at 2:43 am

Do not like the contours of the dsi.

@nitro_rev: Perhaps, but L button for camera shutter would make more sense.

• October 28, 2008 at 3:31 am

The shutter buttons are on both L and R in case some are left-handed.
    I supposed it’s only standard SD to reduce the cost.

Also, the exterior hardware itself is very hard and tough much like the material used for the Wii Remote.

• Vic
    November 3, 2008 at 9:41 pm

hey, how will the music thing work? I read it only plays back AAC
    format. do any of you know how you would get music on there? and I
    also read that the SD card has I don’t remember if it was 2GB or 3GB.
    but I can’t wait for it, and you can also record your voice and mix it up, it’s pretty sweet, another reason for which I can’t wait ’till Summer!

• Profile photo of
    November 3, 2008 at 10:59 pm

@ Vic – Open up the music program, then open up the AAC files to play them. The best ways to make music files in AAC format is to use iTunes (the format for that program). Copy the songs to an SD card, then put the card into your DSi. Yes, you can record up to like 10-20 seconds (I believe) of your own voice.

• Peter
    November 25, 2008 at 9:59 pm

Bad news guys the Dsi is coming out in america next fall 2009 its not summer anymore. i got the jap version so i get stuck with color black..

• Ani
    June 23, 2009 at 4:52 pm

I’m confused. Where do you get a sd card, where do you put the sd card into the computer, and how do you change mp3 files into aac file?!

• November 12, 2010 at 10:32 am

I did not see the photos, I have a DSi LL and a SD card for the cartes.