Rumor: Green Day Rock Band

Rumor: Green Day Rock Band

by Mickey DeLorenzoJune 8, 2009

During Kevin and Bean’s Breakfast with Green Day this morning on KROQ 106.7 FM, the band confirmed that they’ll be doing something involving Rock Band in the near-ish future.

When an audience member asked them when their songs would be appearing in Rock Band, lead singer Billy Joe had the following to say: “Uh yeah, we’re doing a whole Green Day Rock Band…uh.” Uh? Is that a track pack, or a full game add-on? We’ve contacted Harmonix for more information, but until then all we have is “uh”, along with this stunning revelation of the release date for “uh”:

Profile photo of Mickey DeLorenzo
  • Profile photo of Mickey DeLorenzo
    June 8, 2009 at 7:54 pm

Green Day introduced me to 1000’s of punk bands in 1994 and as much as I don’t like their new albums as much I’ll still love their first 4 albums. GH: Green Day would RULE.

• Profile photo of
    June 8, 2009 at 7:58 pm

Green Day is pretty cool…but I think it is interesting that Rock Band is doing the same thing Guitar Hero has by releasing games for entire bands. I wish they’d just release these songs as DLC instead.

• blazed13
    June 8, 2009 at 7:58 pm

enough with these games already RB & GH.

• June 8, 2009 at 8:29 pm

I think this is great. RockBand is becoming more and more popular and it’s going to be even more fun with Green Day songs to jam to.

• Profile photo of Mickey DeLorenzo
    June 8, 2009 at 8:43 pm

>> I wish they’d just release these songs as DLC instead.

I think it would be cool, if you could just load up any audio file via SD card and set you’re guitar tabs yourself or share other user created tabs for songs that you already own.

Oh, and everybody say hi to zaff2000 he’s a new blogger and this is his first post!

• June 8, 2009 at 10:26 pm

Suburbia, I don’t think it’s that easy. All the songs have to have separate guitar, bass, drums, vocals, and background tracks so that they can come in and out as you play the right notes. That and the cueing makes for a helluva complex user-creation. Not that I wouldn’t do it if I could, but I can’t see that kind of interface catching on widely.

DLC would be nice, too, but you’d need quite large memory storage solutions for a whole album of content. I’m a pretty big Green Day fan, so I’m happy about this news, though!

• Mack2D2
    June 9, 2009 at 4:27 am

I heard on the other consoles (PS360) that you can buy some of the whole albums for download on Rockband, and if you get the whole album instead of just one or two of the songs from the album (for those albums that are available in their entirety) you get them at a slightly discounted rate. Can we not do this on the Wii? Am I being retarded? I’m really getting sick of the Wii’s online capabilities being half of what the other consoles get… it’s ridiculous. I want the Cars greatest hits album and I don’t want to pay 2 bucks or more per song to get it… and yeah, why release whole new games for band content? DLC baby, DLC.

• zaff2000
    June 9, 2009 at 7:40 am

I know the wii never gets as good of a game as the 360 or ps3 does and i think alot of it is because of its reputation and lack of storage

• Profile photo of
    June 9, 2009 at 8:15 am

Hey, zaff2000 – Welcome to the blogging team!

About the Wii storage issues…we now have the ability to use up to 32 GB SDHC cards, so storage shouldn’t be an issue.