New Pokemon Revealed: Zorua, Zoroark

New Pokemon Revealed: Zorua, Zoroark

by Steve CullumFebruary 10, 2010
Steve Cullum
Steve is a Senior Editor for NintendoFuse. He has been a Nintendo fan since the NES and Game Boy. His favorite types of games are action platformers, multiplayer “party” games, and any game that is pure fun and pulls him in for hours. Steve has been blogging for NintendoFuse since 2008.
  • Mike
    February 10, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Wait, what? Isn’t Pokebeach the website that claimed this was an evolution of Mightyena? So much for credibility…

• Stephen Fischer
    February 10, 2010 at 3:03 pm

so the z in the movie stood for Zoroark. interesting and its prevolution Zorua. Both are Dark types. Obviously Z is not rare if it has a prevolution. You probably will be able to only catch the prevolution in order to get Zoroark thats my guess or maybe receive Zorua as an egg.

• Noahrocks
    February 10, 2010 at 3:31 pm

I knew it was the new “Lucario”!

• February 10, 2010 at 3:53 pm

@Noahrocks – Haha, I never claimed to believe that. I just used that to describe its shape. You just can’t improve on Lucario, unless he evolves into Mewtwo.

• xheytraymills94x
    February 10, 2010 at 4:10 pm

ok, so this is freaking awesome!pokemon has kicked it up a knotch! hopefully the will be able to keep up with this one. it seems very well planned. the last two Regions were a bit shaky but things are looking good!

• twilitmonstr
    February 10, 2010 at 6:27 pm

I like these pokemon! i was hoping for a mightyena evolution but this definitely doesnt disappoint me! i also like the name “zoroark”.

• February 10, 2010 at 7:01 pm

This is actually a very well-formed Pokèmon®. It’s more, how would I put it…badass? If this is what the basic sample is, imagine the 100+ other new ones.

I believe Zoroark & it’s pre-evolution will be one of the many that you will be able to obtain in the beginning routes. I also believe that it may possibly be linked to Vulpix & Poochyena.

All-in-all, it’s looking great & I’m looking foward to Generation 5.

• DarkWish
    February 11, 2010 at 9:00 pm

@Mike: No, they aren’t. There was no site that said that. It was just fan speculation, which obviously turned out incorrect.

• KageGuntou
    February 23, 2010 at 2:43 pm

This guy looks freakin’ badass! I was begining to stop liking pokemon, but now I think I’ll at least play the fifth gen games. I figure Zoroark is gonna be the new “Lucario” of the fifth gen. After all, he’s the star of the next movie, and he’s the first fifth gen pokemon to be leaked. You’ll probably only get one Zorua and have to evolve it to Zoroark in the next game from there. Just a guess though. Hope the rest of gen five looks as sick as he does!

• DaeHyung
    February 23, 2010 at 5:05 pm

@ All of the speculation about geting a single zorua:

I think you’ll either be given an egg of Zorua to evolve to Zoroark, or Zorua’ll be common, but there’ll be a special way of evolving it to Zoroark, but you’d onle be able to do it once (CoroCoro magazine had written in it “Will we get to see a new type of evolution…?!)

• Zac
    February 25, 2010 at 12:05 pm

omg it looks like lucario’s dark type rival!

• J
    February 27, 2010 at 12:04 am

Wow, just when I thought they had run out of things to base a Pokemon off of (some doubled) they pull a werewolf. XP Too many werewolf/vampire thingsss!!!!!!