This just in from Aksys Games:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
THE COMMANDER LANDS ON WIIWARE TODAY!
Torrance, CA (May 17, 2010) – Aksys Games, a publisher of interactive entertainment products, announces Gaijin Games’s newest addition to the BIT.TRIP series, BIT.TRIP RUNNER exclusively for WiiWare™! For the first time play as Commander Video in this on-rails rhythm platformer! “I went through so many emotions all at once: confusion, joy, determination,
and success!” says Cherie Baker, PR Specialist, Aksys Games. “After an hour with Commander Video, I can honestly say I feel hardcore again. You will too once you get your hands on that controller.”
BIT.TRIP RUNNER Key Features:
- Rhythm-based Platforming: Jump, kick, slide, and shield yourself from the obstacles of a foreign planet. Timing is everything. Keep that beat flowing and Commander Video running!
- Boss Battles Against Robotic Terrors: Can Commander Video outwit evil aliens and an angry miner?!
- 50+ Challenges: Special bonus stages that resemble retro console classics!
- Classic NES-style Controls: Less than a minute to learn, and you and the Commander are off! Traditional side-scroller
- controls are the only way to go. The Wii Remote keeps it real with the +Control Pad and the 1 and 2 Buttons.
- A Pounding Chiptune-Inspired Soundtrack: Features special-chiptune-guest-star Anamanaguchi so you know you’ll be moving and grooving through stages and boss fights!
About Aksys Games:
Located in Torrance, California and founded in 2006, Aksys Games is well known for being a visionary within the fighting game sector while expanding into other genres such as RPGs, fishing, and family-style games. Some of their more popular games include the Guilty Gear, Battle Fantasia, Hooked: Real Motion Fishing, and the BIT.TRIP series. BIT.TRIP RUNNER is rated ‘E’ for ‘Everyone ‘by the ESRB. More information about Aksys Games and BIT.TRIP RUNNER can be found at www.aksysgames.com.