NHL Slapshot – EA Sports Wii Trailer
NHL Slapshot will be EA Sports’ first ice hockey video game on the Nintendo Wii. The game will be released on September 7, 2010.
Wayne Gretzky will be the game’s cover athlete, and will also serve as the in-game coach for beginners.
* Danko Jones – “Full of Regret”
* 2 Unlimited – “Twilight Zone”
* Black Box – “Strike It Up”
* Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – “Mama Taught Me Better”
* Bouncing Souls – “¡Olé!”
* Darude – “Sandstorm”
* Dropkick Murphys – “Shipping Up To Boston (Live)”
* Europe – “The Final Countdown”
* Foxy Shazam – “Unstoppable”
* Ramones – “Blitzkrieg Bop”
* The Black Keys – “Howlin’ For You”
* Peewee to Pros: Players will be able to create their own 12-year old hockey players or choose from a range of actual NHL players such as Wayne Gretzky, Roberto Luongo, and Sidney Crosby. The player then progresses from the CHL, AHL, and the NHL.
* Battle for the Cup: Just like the NHL series on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, players will be able to Battle for the Cup, in a 1, 3, 5, or 7 game series.
* Season: Also like the regular NHL series, Season mode is available as well. You choose from the 30 NHL teams, and try to win the Stanley Cup.
* Mini-Games: Free 4 All: In Free 4 All, you can take on three friends and try and score the most goals. 2v2 Mini Rink: This is just an NHL game with 2 players on the ice for each team instead of 5. Shooter vs. Goalie: This is a 1 on 1 battle with you and a friend. The shooter shoots from about the blue line, while the goalie tries to block his shots. Classic Shootout: Also like NHL 11, this mode is a regular NHL shootout.
Hockey stick peripheral
The new hockey stick peripheral for NHL Slapshot
A miniature hockey stick peripheral will be released with the game, allowing (but not requiring) the player to insert the Wii Remote and its Nunchuk attachment and simulate playing with a real hockey stick.