IGN recently had an interview with Nintendo, where they answered a number of readers’ questions. Below, we have compiled some of the new information.
- A 3DS and DS can play a multiplayer DS game.
- Developers are free to utilize items like coins and mp3 to their liking.
- The 3DS is capable of using custom soundtracks from mp3.
- Users must enable Street Pass functionality for each game.
- Users can use “whatever size [SD card] they want.”
- There is no support for multi-touch.
- Camera resolution is 640×480 (same as screen); still photos only for now.
- The 3DS supports WPA and WPA2 Wi-Fi security.
- Play Coins will not be usable in the eShop.
- Similar to Wii, once a Friend Code is exchanged, you will see the user’s nickname on your Friend List.