Loads of 3D Pictures to Download for your 3DS!

Loads of 3D Pictures to Download for your 3DS!

by Jeremy HardinApril 8, 2011

Okay I just had to share this with you all.  I was searching around on Google looking for some cool pictures people were taking with their 3DS and uploading to share.  Well I came across a handful of cool links here and there, but nothing compared to what I found on GBATemp.  User “Eighteen” has taken to using his NVidia graphics card and some other software to capture screenshots and convert them over to 3ds format (MPO) for our viewing pleasure.  I have personally downloaded over 100 of these images and for the most part I am very impressed.  To top it all off, he is taking requests.  We’re talking Gamecube, N64, PC, Wii games.  So if want to see a game on there ask him, nicely of course.  As of today he is working on Monster Hunter Tri pictures and then his next game will be Xenoblade.

Now that I am done raving, here are the links.  I hope you enjoy them to some extent as much as I have enjoyed them.

Muramasa: The Demon Blade – CLICKY!
Pokemon: Battle Revolution – CLICKY!
Monster Hunter 3 – CLICKY!
Mario Kart Wii – CLICKY!
Super Smash Bros X – CLICKY!
Super Paper Mario – CLICKY!
The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker – CLICKY!
Sonic and the Black Knight – CLICKY!
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time – CLICKY!
Sin and Punishment 2: Star Successor – CLICKY!
Resident Evil 4 – CLICKY!
Naruto Shipp?den: Gekit? Ninja Taisen Special – CLICKY!
Metroid: Other M – CLICKY!
Fragile Dreams – CLICKY!
Pikmin – CLICKY!
Tatsunoko vs Capcom – CLICKY!
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes – CLICKY!
Super Mario Galaxy – CLICKY!
No More Heroes 2 – CLICKY!
The Last Story – CLICKY!

Profile photo of Jeremy Hardin
Jeremy Hardin
Jeremy's love of gaming, especially Nintendo started in the late 80's when his parents bought him and his older brother an NES. Many hours were spent playing Mario and Duck Hunt. Eventually Jeremy graduated to bigger and better games and systems, like the SNES, GC, Wii, 3DS, and finally to the Wii U. Ask him what the defining moment of his childhood gaming was and he'll answer, "the day I beat Zelda 2." To this day that game holds a special place in his heart. His favorite types of games are platformers. Jeremy started blogging for NintendoFuse in October 2010. He started off as a lurker on the forums who won a free copy of And Yet It Moves on WiiWare. From there he realized he liked the forums and the site and wanted to remain a part of it. He was brought on board shortly thereafter and has helped post news and reviews for the past couple of years. Currently Jeremy has taken a step back to focus on family and school. He assists in minor back-end site maintenance from time to time.
  • May 2, 2011 at 1:50 pm

thanks for your sharing pictures for 3ds

• May 2, 2011 at 1:51 pm

i have download some 3ds pictures, very nice
    3ds card can play ds dsi games on 3ds, not 3ds games
    acekard 2i for ds dsi 3ds ?
    r4i gold
    there are many r4 card now, for example,r4i 3ds, acekard 2i

• KarjamP
      July 9, 2011 at 4:58 pm

I think you are talking about the illegal “flash cards” used for pirating. D-:

• Anonymous
        July 9, 2011 at 6:03 pm

They aren’t illegal, just some of the things that they are used for are illegal. Kind of like pocket knives – use responsibly!

• KarjamP
      July 9, 2011 at 4:58 pm

I think you are talking about the illegal “flash cards” used for pirating. D-:

• SonicJ
    May 12, 2011 at 9:24 pm

dude it didn’t work. D: help?

• May 13, 2011 at 12:23 pm

What happened? Can you tell me the steps you went through to try and view them on your 3DS?

• SonicJ
        May 15, 2011 at 2:00 am

i downloaded the image and dragged it into the picuter folder on my 3ds.  im assuming i was supposed to do something before that?

• May 16, 2011 at 12:14 pm

First, make sure you extract the images from the archive.  Second, take the images and drag them to your sd card in the following folder: ‘drive letter’:DCIM100NIN03.  Your folder can also be 101NIN03, and others but for the sake of the example, just use 100NIN03.  The files you downloaded should have .MPO for the extension.  These are valid files recognized by the 3DS.  You should be able to load up the 3DS camera application and click on “View Photos”.  That’s all there is to it.  Let me know if this works, if it does not you may need to format your sd card.

• SonicJ
            May 16, 2011 at 8:21 pm

thank u.
            but when i downloaded them, their extension was .rar.  D:  how do i change it to .mpo?

• May 16, 2011 at 9:00 pm

A “rar” file is an archive of files.  I don’t know how much you know about archive files on computers, but it’s just like a “zip” file.  Anyways, you need to download the program WinRar which will allow you to extract the images from the “rar” file.  WinRar is a free utility and you can download the executable here –

As you are installing WinRar, you will be prompted to choose some file association settings, just leave them as the necessary ones are already checked off.

Once the installation is complete you should be able to right-click on your “rar” file of 3DS pictures and you will have an option that says something like “Extract to ‘and the name of your rar file'”.

So for example, I have a rar file on my desktop called “test.rar”.  If I right-click on it I will see the option saying “Extract to test”.  Choose that option and wherever you have your “rar” file saved at, a new folder with the same name will appear alongside of it.  So in my example, I can now double click on the test folder that was just created and view all the files.

Let me know if this works or if you need further help.

• SonicJ
            May 18, 2011 at 12:06 am

thanks.  i changed them to mpo and put them in the 3ds sd card but when i went to view them on the system they weren’t there. D:

• SonicJ
            May 18, 2011 at 2:40 am

never mind i got it.  thank you very much for ur help! 😀

• May 18, 2011 at 10:53 am

That’s good, I’m glad to hear you got it working.  I hope you are enjoying the 3d pictures.  If you like what the creator, Eighteen, has done with the pictures be sure and click on the source link at the bottom of the article.  He has created several more packs of images in the last few weeks since I first posted the article.

• Steve Awesome
            December 17, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Thanks for your help!

• Steve Awesome
    November 1, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Check out these pictures by downloading the ZIP and putting them in your SD card’s DCIM100NIN03 folder —

• Steve Awesome
    December 17, 2011 at 6:30 pm

I now have free 3D adult videos you can download (200 MB worth) that will play on your Nintendo 3DS.  They are teaser scenes for scenes I’ve shot and they’re pretty hot (at least I think so).  Instructions for playing the video (provided you’ve updated 3DS with the December 2011 update) are on the page.  Bookmark this blog as I will continue to add new videos as I make them available.

• Nintendork
    January 14, 2012 at 12:35 am

It says that my disk is write-protected. Should I remove write-protection? And if so, how do I do this?

• Kyra_cloud
    March 19, 2012 at 3:36 pm

um u dont give no directons cuz i specifaly asked for directons