What 3DS games do you own?

What 3DS games do you own?

by Hassan AhmedAugust 21, 2011

Hello everyone, DarkWish here… though I’m now going by first name of Hassan on the site. I haven’t posted on here in a while, but expect that to change. Look for more news/rumors/reviews posted from me in the coming weeks. If you’re looking for an update on the podcast, you’ll have to wait a bit more on that… all I can say is that things are changing, but you’ll still have something to look forward to either way. But for right now, I thought it would be interesting to see what 3DS games people currently own. I’ll start off… I own Pilotwings Resort, Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition, Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever & New Friends, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, and Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars. On the downloadable side of things, I own 3D Classics: Excitebike, 3D Classics: Xevious, and three Game Boy titles (Donkey Kong, Kirby’s Dream Land, and Mario’s Picross). What do you currently ownzz?

Hassan Ahmed
In June 2008, Hassan was offered a position at NintendoFuse, and he accepted it right away. He is a big Nintendo fan, and has owned every handheld since the Game Boy Color and every console since the Nintendo 64. Hassan's philosophy is very simple: "fun". He plays video games to escape from life for a while and just relax and enjoy. As a blogger, Hassan's focus is to provide the most detailed news articles and hands-on impressions that you will find anywhere. The more information that he can provide to the fans and readers, the better. And to further expand on his philosophy of fun and his detail-oriented goal, Hassan started up the NintendoFuse Podcast in September of 2009. Hassan has been blogging for NintendoFuse since June 2008, and he enjoys being a part of this wonderful community. He hopes to provide you with the latest and greatest Nintendo news and rumors, as well as hands-on impressions, with as much detail as possible to benefit the fans and readers.
  • August 22, 2011 at 2:41 am

I only own Legend of Zelda Orcarnia of Time on the software cartridge side (owned the 3DS since late May).

On the downloadable side specifically for 3DS only, I have Excitebike 3D, Link’s Awakening, and Super Mario Land.  DSiware that I have, Mario vs. DK March of the Minis, Photo dojo (both transferred from DSi), and recently purchased on the 3DS Dragon Quest Wars (regret it) and Cave Story (LOVED IT!)

• August 22, 2011 at 10:36 am

I’m still undecided when it comes to Cave Story, I played the original PC version which is free (never did beat it though) so I’m not sure if the 9.99 price tag is worth it.  Plus, it seems like a short game to play through.  Would you be able to give me any insight on this, or have you not played it all the way through yet?

• August 25, 2011 at 6:58 pm

The WiiWare demo about convinced me to download it, but I’m not sure what platform would be best. Probably either DSiWare or 3DS, since I’m more apt to play on the go these days.

• August 25, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Same here.  I’m finding it much more convenient to play on the go vs sitting down to play the Wii.  Also, I don’t know if I want to purchase Cave Story DSiWare since the 3DS version is coming in the near future.

• August 22, 2011 at 2:48 am

sf4, zelda, pokemon white plus a ton of DLC

• August 22, 2011 at 2:48 am

sf4, zelda, pokemon white plus a ton of DLC

• August 22, 2011 at 3:07 am

The 3DS doesnt have any compelling games worth mentioning so its the same as owning none at all.

• August 22, 2011 at 10:34 am

While you are entitled to your opinion, I would like to know which games you own for the 3DS, if any.  So, which ones do you own?

• August 22, 2011 at 10:56 am

The Sims 3, BlazBlue Continuum Shift II, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D.

• August 22, 2011 at 12:14 pm

I’ve never tried the first two on your list, but I own and enjoy Ocarina of Time.  Have you ever played PilotWings Resort before?  That was a fun, but very challenging game, especially in the later levels.

Also, Dream Trigger is worth taking a shot on if you can get it at a good price.

• repcoh
    August 22, 2011 at 3:57 am

Pilotwings, Street Fighter 4, Ridge Racer, and of course Zelda Ocarina of Time. Cant wait for Mario Kart, Super mario 3D land, and Luigis mansion 2!!!!

• Hitherebob
      August 22, 2011 at 1:52 pm

dont forget the SSBB 3ds port! i believe it has been confirmed, but might still be only a rumour. 😛

• August 22, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Not a port, but an entirely brand new 3DS Smash Bros. game is coming. It’s said to be able to connect with an entirely new Wii U Smash Bros. game in some way as well.

• Magtov
    August 22, 2011 at 6:13 am

Currently, I only own one 3DS game: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

• August 22, 2011 at 10:32 am

Legend of Zelda: OoT 3D
    Nintendogs + Cats
    Super Monkey Ball 3D
    Dream Trigger

Excite Bike
    Zelda Links Awakening
    Minis March Again!
    Donkey Kong
    Crazy Hamster
    Plants vs. Zombies

Hey Hassan, how is Ghost Recon, graphics and gameplay?

• August 22, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Graphics are decent, kind of like a DS game, nothing special… the 3D effect is sort of like you’re looking down at a boardgame, again nothing special. The game shines in its gameplay though. It’s a fun turn-based game with plenty of strategy involved. Considering I’m very much a n00b in this genre, the game held my hand well at the beginning teaching me things, but now it’s giving me much more control and it’s quite interesting. I definitely recommend it… if not at the $40 price, then definitely at like $25 or below. I got it for around $18 I think.

• Themoderngamer
    August 22, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Super Street Fighter 4 3D Edition, Ridge Racer 3d, Super Mario Land, 3d classics: Excitebike, donkey kong, netflix, dsi calender, mario clock, and pretty much all those 3d game trailers.

• August 23, 2011 at 4:46 am

I currently own the following for 3DS:

3DS retail tittles

– Super Street Fighter 4 3D
    – Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
    – Dead or Alive: Dimensions

– Super Mario Land (GB)
    – Kirby’s Dream Land (GB)
    – Donkey Kong (GB)
    – Game & Watch Gallery (GB)
    – The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (GBC)
    – WarioWare: Snapped! (DSi)
    – Portable Shrine Wars – Go Series (DSi)
    – G.G Series – Dark Spirits (DSi)
    – Soul of Darkness (DSi)
    – Antipole (DSi)
    – 3D Classics – ‘Excitebike’ (3DS)

• August 23, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Is Antipole worth the price? Is there enough content, challenge, etc?

• August 24, 2011 at 8:34 pm

I haven’t played it all the way to say that it was worth the $4.99 price tag.

I will tell you though, the game is pretty great, I love the concept of it and how challenging it’s been so far.

If I have to describe it in some way, I would have to say that it’s like Megaman in Gravity Man’s Stage with a lot more death traps. =P

• August 25, 2011 at 2:50 pm

I think I’m going to download it then, for only 4.99 it sounds like it’s worth it.  I just need to go use my Gamestop gift card to buy an eShop $20 card first.

• August 25, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Although I don’t own them yet, I figure I might as well post it here.  Next up, I plan on buying Antipole and Go! Go! Kokopolo from the Shop Channel.