So according to a trusted source in Japan, Nintendo is looking to release Zelda for the Wii U in 2014. So check out a snippet of info here and then click the link to read the article in full, it’s a great read!
- Source is from within Nintendo
- “Nintendo is sticking to the core values of Zelda, while trying to appeal to a wide range of gamers, casual and hardcore”, our source told us, adding, “They feel they’ve found the sweet spot with Skyward Sword, and they’re continuing this approach with the Wii U Zelda game”
- Wii U Zelda has the biggest development team ever - “They got hundreds of people working on the new Wii U Zelda game”
- “They targeted a 2013 release, but quickly abandoned that goal. This is the biggest project they’ve [Nintendo] ever done, no way is it gonna be ready for Q3 2013. At least from where I see it”
- Biggest, most ambitious Zelda game to date - “about the same amount of dungeons as previous Zelda games, but these will be vastly bigger in scope and will be totally different from each other. Some dungeons are so big they’re broken up in 3 parts and will literally take hours to complete”.
- The first test dungeon they made was a giant forest running on early and buggy Wii U hardware — the dungeon was bigger than the Hyrule field in Ocarina, and the whole thing is one dungeon.
- He added that the Wii U Zelda game is so big, it wouldn’t be possible without the 25 GB Blu-ray based storage that the console uses.
- No online multiplayer, but will have online features
Thanks to RMC over at GoNintendo for linking to this great article!
Full Article: WiiU Daily