Poll Results: Should Nintendo publish games on iOS and Android?

Many have stated lately that Nintendo is going downhill in the area of hardware, and they should move their focus solely to software. If you remember, this is the same move SEGA made a few years ago. With both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS fairly early in their life-cycles, we turned to you in our most recent poll. We asked: if you had the ability to decide Nintendo’s future, should they begin to publish games on mobile platforms, specifically iOS and Android?

poll-results-nintendo-publish-mobile-nintendofuse
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google+
  • Digg
  • Pinterest
  • Gmail
  • reddit
  • Tumblr

After 590 votes, it seems like the majority of you believe it would be wise for Nintendo to branch out into the mobile market. This does not mean they should stop making hardware, per say, but these 335 (57%) people believe they should take Mario and Zelda to the mobile phones. The other 255 (43%) said Nintendo should keep doing what they have been doing. They see no reason to move Metroid and Star Fox to a smart phone.

Yes, it is true that Nintendo, via GameFreak, has brought Pokémon to iOS. This, however, is only a companion app. Will they ever bring our beloved characters to another platform not created by them? As of right now, there is no chance. Nonetheless, we are seeing Nintendo step into the mobile phone market little by little. The next step is the upcoming Miiverse app, where you can access Miiverse on the go.

What do you think about the results? Do you agree? If you answered one way or the other, feel free to share why you voted that way.

Also, be sure to answer our newest poll: “Do you agree with Nintendo’s approach to E3 2013?” Check it out in the column to the right (0r posted below).

Do you agree with Nintendo's approach to E3 2013?

View Results

Loading ...
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google+
  • Digg
  • Pinterest
  • Gmail
  • reddit
  • Tumblr
 Loading ...

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google+
  • Digg
  • Pinterest
  • Gmail
  • reddit
  • Tumblr

About the author:

Steve has been a Nintendo fan since the NES. He currently owns a NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, GameBoy, DS, DSi, 3DS, and 3DS XL. His favorite types of games are action platformers and multiplayer “party” games. Overall, he loves a game that is pure fun and pulls him in for hours, and if that can be shared with friends, it is even better.

Steve has been blogging for NintendoFuse since April 2008. He started off as an avid reader, and eventually was asked to jump on the team. Currently, he enjoys writing game reviews and sharing breaking news with the fans and readers. You will also find him on the forums as an admin.

Steve – who has written posts on NintendoFuse.


  • http://www.facebook.com/zachilles Zac Armstrong Green

    I don’t think they should release games for iOS and Android, I love Nintendo hardware, they’d be better off creating a phone for me to buy. ^-^

  • manowaffles

    As long as their iOS/Android games don’t distract from their real games, fine. Also, please don’t port over any of the classics. Touch screen devices don’t do well for controlling games like Mario or Zelda.

    Don’t believe me? Try Mega Man 2 on iOS, it’s awful!

  • http://twitter.com/hungrylizards Hungry Lizards

    I’m excited for the other way around. I’ll be able to port my iOS game onto the Wii U if the rumors hold true: http://www.slidetoplay.com/news/report-nintendo-aims-to-bring-ios-games-to-wii-u/

    • http://www.wiinintendo.net Jeremy Hardin

      I hope you guys get to bring it to the Wii U – that would be great!

Pin It on Pinterest

Shares
Share This