Today is another Thursday, which means another Nintendo Download. What are we getting today (and over the next six days)?
The Wii U eShop is gaining Earthbound and The Smurfs 2. The 3DS eShop grows with Shantae, Attack of the Friday Monsters: A Tokyo Tale, Robot Rescue 3D, and Undead Bowling. Most of these titles are available today. The Smurfs 2 is coming on July 23. There is also a special deal for Puddle on the Wii U eShop for $4.49.
That wraps it up for this week’s Nintendo Download. Be sure to check out the full list of all the releases and prices below, along with the official press release information, straight from Nintendo of America. And be sure to let us know what game(s) or apps get you excited to play. Let us know in the comments below or in our forums!
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Earthbound ($9.99) – The beloved Super NES™ role-playing game is now available on the Virtual Console service for the Wii U console. The Earth faces imminent destruction by the evil Giygas, and can only be saved by a courageous boy named Ness and his three brave friends. Battle hundreds of off-the-wall monsters, roaming dinosaurs and alien enemies, meet a giant cast of memorable characters and journey to exotic locations like Saturn Valley, Dusty Dunes Desert and Deep Darkness.
- The Smurfs 2 ($39.99) – One of the summer’s top animated films is now a fun video game. The evil wizard Gargamel has kidnapped Smurfette and taken her to Paris. It’s up to Papa Smurf and friends to save the day and bring Smurfette home safe. *Available 7/23/2013*
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Shantae ($4.99) – When the nefarious pirate Risky Boots catches wind of the treasure that was recently unearthed in the village of Scuttle, she launches an attack. To get Scuttle out of trouble, it’s up to the genie Shantae to save the day using her dancing and hair-whipping abilities. Learn Dance Magic to get new attacks, and battle your way through multiple unique locations in this classic 2D side-scrolling platformer, originally released for Game Boy™ Color.
- Attack of the Friday Monsters: A Tokyo Tale ($7.99) – Step into the life of Sohta, the young son of a family that has just set up a dry cleaners shop in the idyllic town of Fuji no Hana. In his interactions with the town’s unique residents, episodic mysteries are revealed that portend to the strange events surrounding the appearance of a giant monster every Friday. And finally, when Friday evening falls, the giant monster will appear right before your eyes!
- Robot Rescue 3D ($2.99) – Guide trapped robots through treacherous passages, staying clear of paralyzing electrical circuits and sliding past sleeping mines! Interact with tiles to open doors and repaint your dopey robots different colors in order for them to escape through the right exit. Be warned! Each and every robot shares linked controls generating totally synchronized movements for an even wackier escape plan! This latest edition to the Robot Rescue franchise brings together a MEGA pack containing levels from previous releases and additional, never before seen stages!
- Undead Bowling ($6.99) – Prevent hordes of blood-thirsty zombies from sinking their rotten teeth into your flesh by mowing them down with a cannon bowling ball! Turn on stereoscopic 3D for extra impact to make this the best zombie bowling experience you can get, until the world is overrun by zombies and someone opens a bowling alley.
- DEMO: The “Denpa” Men 2 – Find and catch the Denpa Men to form a party, and take them on an exciting adventure to save the hero’s family. Many wonders and strong enemies await you on your journey.
Discounts and Sales
- Puddle (Wii U) – Dive into Puddle, a game unlike any other. Players guide a puddle of fluid by tilting the environment to the left or right using the Wii U GamePad controller. Play carefully while taking friction, gravity and temperature into account in a range of beautiful environments. Download the game in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U at a discounted price of $4.49 until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 1.