Nicklas “Nifflas” Nygren might be best-known among Nintendo fans for NightSky, the critically-acclaimed puzzle/action game or his work on enhancing the Cave Story soundtrack for WiiWare. Now, he’s bringing THE Knytt series to Wii U through Knytt Underground. Although the game was released on other platforms last year, the Wii U version is touted as being the best-looking one and includes content from the Infinity Hype update!
The game looks absolutely stunning, and you should definitely show Ripstone some Nintendo Indie love! We’ll have a review up as soon as we can. Here’s the official press release:
KNYTT UNDERGROUND COMING TO WII U THIS HOLIDAY SEASON!
An underground adventure awaits…
6th December 2013: Knytt Underground, the critically acclaimed subterranean exploration game from indie legend Nifflas is making its way to Nintendo Wii U on 19th December, & Nifflas is proud to say this is the best looking version of the game, as if that wasn’t enough it also includes the Infinity Hype update – making an already huge game even bigger!
Released on PlayStation®3, PS Vita, PC, Mac & Linux last year, Knytt Underground is the brainchild of Nicklas ‘Nifflas’ Nygren and is being developed for the Wii U platform by Mathias Kærlev of MP2, and published by Ripstone. The game puts you in the shoes of Mi – a mute, but extraordinary sprite; with an array of thrilling quests to complete, unique zen-like gameplay and plenty of dynamic characters to meet and guide you on your adventure. Chapter 1 & 2 provide a tutorial to the game with Chapter 3 extending to an open world of over 1,800 rooms to explore at your own pace; where you can switch between human and ball form for an unparalleled sense of freedom. Knytt Underground delivers a captivating and mesmerising experience that will not disappoint.
· Over 1,800 intricately designed rooms to explore
· Even more secrets to discover, quests to embark on and rooms to uncover!
· Exclusively to Wii U on consoles, the Infinity Hype update brings improvements and changes based on fan feedback from Reddit
· With new graphical effects and flourishes, the Wii U version is the best looking console version of the game
· Thanks to the Nintendo GamePad, you can view the map easily, seeing where you’ve explored & where you have yet to venture.