Nintendo Download: April 17, 2014
Hey, we’re back here on another Thursday, and you know what that means… Another Nintendo Download — filled with all sorts of downloadable goodies from the eShop for Wii U and 3DS. Let’s check it out! (Apologies for the cheesiness.)
The day many have been waiting for is finally here. The classic NES Super Mario Bros. 3 has finally hit the Wii U Virtual Console. Along with it, you can download Golden Sun and F-Zero: Maximum Velocity. Also on the eShop today is Flowerworks HD: Follie’s Adventure and My First Songs. On April 22, LEGO The Hobbit will be available.
For those who like their games on-the-go, Super Mario Bros. 3 is also coming to the 3DS Virtual Console today, too. If you’re looking for something different, though, you can also get Bit Boy!! ARCADE and Smash Cat Heroes from the eShop.
As far as discounts and price-drops go, we’ve got a few this week. Classic Games Overload on the 3DS eShop has a 50% off sale starting today that will run through May 1. Starting April 21, you can get two big Wii U games at their new low eShop price. Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag drops from $59.99 to $39.99, and ZombiU drops from $59.99 to 29.99. (I did, however, see ACIV at Best Buy yesterday for only $19.99. Just saying…)
That’s it for this week’s Nintendo Download. Be sure to check out the full list of this week’s releases and prices below, along with the official press release information, straight from Nintendo of America. And be sure to let us know what game(s) or apps get you excited to play. Let us know in the comments below!
New on the Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Super Mario Bros. 3 ($4.99)
- Golden Sun ($7.99)
- F-Zero: Maximum Velocity ($6.99)
- LEGO The Hobbit ($49.99) *Available 4.22.2014*
- Flowerworks HD: Follie’s Adventure ($6.00)
- My First Songs ($9.99)
New on the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Super Mario Bros. 3 ($4.99)
- Bit Boy!! ARCADE ($7.99)
- Smash Cat Heroes ($TBD)
Sales, Discounts, & Price Reductions for Nintendo eShops
- Classic Games Overload (3DS) – 50% off from today through May 1, 2014 (regularly $29.99).
- Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag (Wii U) – Starting April 21, the price will drop from $59.99 to $39.99.
- ZombiU (Wii U) – Starting April 21, the price will drop from $59.99 to $29.99.
(Again, no full color press release was available this week.)
NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS – APR. 10, 2014
REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Virtual Console on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Super Mario Bros. 3 – April is a month to remember with classic games launching each week! This NES classic, one of the most well-known and beloved video games of all time, is now available as a Virtual Console title on both the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS systems. Follow Mario and Luigi as they leave the Mushroom Kingdom to travel to the seven distinct worlds that neighbor it. Help the famous brothers fly above the action using the Super Leaf, swim faster by donning the Frog Suit or defeat enemies using the Hammer Bros. Suit. Are you ready to experience gaming bliss? Click here to check out the trailer for Super Mario Bros. 3.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Golden Sun –Forces of darkness are pursuing the lost art of Alchemy. As they draw ever closer to their foul purpose, mankind hangs in the balance. You and your companions are the last hope. In the Golden Sun game, use noble weapons, magical Psynergy and elemental creatures known as Djinn to get the upper hand in dangerous battles. Combining Djinn in different ways will allow you to create powerful spells and attacks against deadly foes. Can you prevent the oncoming darkness? Click here to check out the trailer forGolden Sun.
- F-Zero: Maximum Velocity –Whether you’re a veteran of the Super NES version or a racing rookie, you’ll need some practice laps to master this Game Boy Advance classic. Master 20 different tracks across four difficulty levels to prove you’ve got what it takes to rank among the galaxy’s most elite racers. Put the pedal to the metal and get busy boosting, bumping and jumping your way to intergalactic glory. Click here to check out the trailer for F-Zero: Maximum Velocity.
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- LEGO The Hobbit – In LEGO The Hobbit, follow the Hobbit Bilbo Baggins as he is recruited by the Wizard Gandalf to aid Thorin Oakenshield and his Company of Dwarves. The Wii U game will be available on April 22.
- Nintendo eShop Sale
- Classic Games Overload – Starting today through 9 a.m. PT on May 1, get Classic Games Overload for 50 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
Also new this week:
- Flowerworks HD: Follie’s Adventure (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- My First Songs (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Bit Boy!! ARCADE (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Smash Cat Heroes (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™ (Nintendo eShop on Wii U) – Starting April 21, the price of Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag is being reduced from $59.99 to $39.99.
- ZombiU™ (Nintendo eShop on Wii U) – Starting April 21, the price of first-person horror game ZombiU is being reduced from $59.99 to $29.99.
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new titles weekly to the Nintendo eShop for the Wii U system as well as the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL systems, to the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and to the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features games, applications and videos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or by purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or Nintendo 3DS, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu, http://www.nintendo.com/wii,http://www.nintendo.com/3ds or http://www.nintendo.com/ds.
[PR Email from Nintendo of America]