If you are like me, you have been wanting to buy Shovel Knight as soon as it released. Maybe you even read our first-impresions from PAX East, which caused you to want it even more. And maybe, like me, you have been torn between the two versions. Which one do I get? Wii U or 3DS?
It has helped me to look over the differences between the two games. Essentially, they are the same, but there are a few variations. We consulted Yacht Club Games and found out how they differ, so here are the key features that are specific to each version:
Wii U Features:
- Miiverse support through the Digger’s Diary – read in-game messages from other players or write messages of your own.
- Multiple controller support: Wii U Gamepad, Wii U Pro Controller, Wii Remote, Wii Remote + Nunchuck, Wii Classic Controller, and Wii Classic Controller Pro.
- Off-TV Play with the GamePad.
- Quick-select Relics and items using the GamePad.
- Eye-popping Stereoscopic 3D display support.
- StreetPass Battle Arena – a crazy StreetPass battle game where anything can happen.
- Play Coin support – Trade your coins for gold.
- Quick-select Relics and items using the Touch Screen.
If only Nintendo offered a cross-buy program that allowed you to buy it on one platform and get the other for free or at a discount. That would help many of us. Alas, they do not (yet…), so we have to make a decision or just buy both. So, which version did you buy, or will you buy? What made you choose that version? Do you think you made the right choice? Let us know in the comments!