Happy September and Happy Nintendo Download Day! Let’s jump right into this week’s announcements of new downloadable games from the Wii U and 3DS eShops.
The Wii U eShop is growing with three new games today. Nobunaga’s Ambition, Cubemen 2, and Ice Cream Surfer are all available today. The 3DS eShop is gaining two new games in Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight and Tappingo 2. However, there are also three new demos coming to the 3DS – THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL, Bit Boy!! ARCADE, and Glory of Generals.
There are several new sales and discounts starting today on the 3DS eShop, too. First up are many of the Mario, Yoshi, and other classic games, in order to celebrate the upcoming launch of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. Unfortunately, Nintendo didn’t share the details about which games would be discounted and by how much. [UPDATE: They have now released the info and games, which include both 3DS and Wii U games. Find the full list by clicking here.] They did share, though, that Brunch Panic, My Vet Practice 3D – In the Country, My Baby Pet Hotel 3D, and World Conqueror 3D are all on sale, starting today.
Well, that’s it for the highlights of this week’s Nintendo Download. Be sure to check out the full list of this week’s releases and prices below, along with the official press release information, straight from Nintendo of America. And be sure to let us know what game(s) or apps get you excited to play. Let us know in the comments below!
New on the Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Nobunaga’s Ambition ($TBD)
- Cubemen 2 ($TBD)
- Ice Cream Surfer ($TBD)
- Adventure Island ($TBD) *Available 9.11.2014*
- Wild Guns ($TBD) *Available 9.18.2014*
New on the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL – demo version ($FREE)
- Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight ($TBD)
- Tappingo 2 ($TBD)
- Bit Boy!! ARCADE – demo version ($FREE)
- Glory of Generals – demo version ($FREE)
- Legend of the River King 2 ($TBD) *Available 9.18.2014*
New Featured Sales, Discounts, & Price Reductions for Nintendo eShops
- To celebrate the upcoming launch of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, starting at 9 AM PT today through 8:59 AM PT Oct. 2, 2014, save up to 33% on select games that helped make your favorite fighters famous. This week includes Mario, Yoshi and more classic Nintendo characters. [UPDATE: Full list of games here.]
- Brunch Panic (3DS eShop) – 30% off (reduced from $3.99 to 2.79) from today until 8:59 AM PT on September 15, 2014.
- My Vet Practice 3D – In the Country and My Baby Pet Hotel 3D (3DS eShop) – On sale from today until 8:59 AM PT on September 24, 2014.
- World Conqueror 3D (3DS eShop) – 33% off (reduced from $5.99 to 3.99) from today until 8:59 AM PT on September 25, 2014.
- Jett Tailfin (Wii U eShop) – Reduced from $34.95 to 24.95 starting September 4, 2014.
NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS
REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Nobunaga’s Ambition – Nobunaga’s Ambition is a game set in Japan’s Warring States period, a turbulent age when feudal warlords battled for control of the country. As the ruler of a fief, you choose your own path to conquest: Will you wage war on your neighbors or rely on diplomacy? Use economic sanctions or send ninja assassins? Use all of your ingenuity and resources to unite Japan under your banner.
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Cubemen 2 – Create, share and destroy with more than 8,000 user-generated levels. Cubemen 2 is a fast-paced, cross-platform 3D strategy game in which the player controls an army of Cubemen, using them to battle against enemies in a range of modes, including Capture the Flag, Skirmish and Territory. You can even create and share your own levels using the game’s built-in level editor. Click here to watch a trailer for this game.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL – Demo Version – Tap into a timeless legacy of music. Download theTHEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL demo today to try out two songs from the full-version game, which will launch on Sept. 16, exclusively for Nintendo 3DS. Transfer your save data from the demo to the full game to access more characters from the start. Click here to watch a trailer for this game.
- Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS
- Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight – It’s been 25 years since Ken left the glory days of his fighting career. In Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight, navigate across the galaxy as Ken follows the trail of his friend’s murderer. Jump, climb and fight your way past monstrous enemies as you complete the objective for each stage. Just like in his days in the Street Fighter world, Ken can punch and kick his way through danger, but he can also fire power shots from a distance. Will Ken be able to find justice at the end of his journey? Click here to watch a trailer for this game.
- Nintendo eShop Sales
- We’re celebrating the upcoming launch of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS with a sale! Starting at 9 a.m. PT today through 8:59 a.m. PT Oct. 2, save up to 33 percent on select games that helped make your favorite fighters famous. This week includes Mario, Yoshi and more classic Nintendo characters.
- Brunch Panic is 30 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $2.79) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 15 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- My Vet Practice 3D – In the Country and My Baby Pet Hotel 3D from Treva Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 24 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- World Conqueror 3D is 33 percent off (reduced from $5.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 25 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Adventure Island – Sept. 11 (Virtual Console on Wii U)
- Wild Guns – Sept. 18 (Virtual Console on Wii U)
- Legend of the River King 2 – Sept. 18 (Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS)
- Jett Tailfin for Wii U is being reduced to $24.95 (from $34.95) starting on Sept. 4.
Also new this week:
- Ice Cream Surfer (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Tappingo 2 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Bit Boy!! ARCADE – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Glory of Generals – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games ands applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
[PR Email from Nintendo of America]